Features and Benefits
- Extended Temperature Range of –40°C to 125°C
- Easy Drive Technology Enables Rail-to-Rail Inputs with Zero Differential Input Current
- Directly Digitizes High Impedance Sensors with Full Accuracy
- Programmable Gain from 1 to 256
- GND to VCC Input/Reference Common Mode Range
- Programmable 50Hz, 60Hz or Simultaneous 50Hz/60Hz Rejection Mode
- 2ppm (0.25LSB) INL, No Missing Codes
- 1ppm Offset and 15ppm Full-Scale Error
- Selectable 2x Speed Mode (15Hz Using Internal Oscillator)
- No Latency: Digital Filter Settles in a Single Cycle
- Single Supply 2.7V to 5.5V Operation
- Internal Oscillator
- Available in a Tiny (3mm × 3mm) 10-Lead DFN Package and 10-Lead MSOP Package
The LTC2480 combines a 16-bit plus sign No Latency ΔΣ™ analog-to-digital converter with patented Easy Drive™ technology. The patented sampling scheme eliminates dynamic input current errors and the shortcomings of onchip buffering through automatic cancellation of differential input current. This allows large external source impedances and input signals, with rail-to-rail input range to be directly digitized while maintaining exceptional DC accuracy.
The LTC2480 includes on-chip programmable gain and an oscillator. The LTC2480 can be configured to provide a programmable gain from 1 to 256 in 8 steps, measure an external signal or internal temperature sensor and reject line frequencies. 50Hz, 60Hz or simultaneous 50Hz/60Hz line frequency rejection can be selected as well as a 2x speed-up mode.
The LTC2480 allows a wide common mode input range (0V to VCC) independent of the reference voltage. The reference can be as low as 100mV or can be tied directly to VCC. The LTC2480 includes an on-chip trimmed oscillator eliminating the need for external crystals or oscillators. Absolute accuracy and low drift are automatically maintained through continuous, transparent, offset and full-scale calibration.
- Direct Sensor Digitizer
- Weight Scales
- Direct Temperature Measurement
- Strain Gauge Transducers
- Industrial Process Control
- DVMs and Meters
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Tools & Simulations
Linduino is Analog Devices’ Arduino compatible system for developing and distributing firmware libraries and example code for our integrated circuits.
Technical Articles (1)
Press Releases (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.