Features and Benefits
- 1ppm Linearity with No Missing Codes
- Integrated Ampliﬁer for Direct Sensor Digitization
- 2 Differential or 4 Single-Ended Input Channels
- Up to 8kHz Output Rate (External fO)
- Up to 4kHz Multiplexing Rate (External fO)
- Selectable Speed/Resolution
- 2.1µVRMS Noise at 1.76kHz Output Rate
- 220nVRMS Noise at 13.8Hz Output Rate with Simultaneous 50Hz/60Hz Rejection
- Guaranteed Modulator Stability and Lock-Up Immunity for any Input and Reference Conditions
- <5µV Offset (4.5V < VCC < 5.5V, –40°C to 85°C)
- Differential Input and Differential Reference with GND to VCC Common Mode Range
- No Latency Mode, Each Conversion is Accurate Even After a New Channel is Selected
- Internal Oscillator—No External Components
- 36-Lead SSOP Package
The LTC2442 is an ultra high precision, variable speed, 24-bit ΔΣ™ ADC with integrated ampliﬁer. The ampliﬁer can be conﬁgured as a buffer for easy input drive of high impedance sensors. 1 part-per-million (ppm) linearity is achievable when the ampliﬁer is conﬁgured in unity gain. External resistors can be used to set a gain for increased resolution of low level input signals. The positive and negative ampliﬁer supply pins may be tied directly to VCC (4.5V to 5.5V) and GND or biased above VCC and below GND for rail-to-rail input signals.
The proprietary ΔΣ architecture ensures stable DC accuracy through continuous transparent calibration. Ten speed/resolution combinations from 6.9Hz/220nVRMS to 3.5kHz/25µVRMS can be selected with no latency or shift in DC accuracy. Additionally, a 2X speed mode can be selected enabling output rates up to 7kHz (8kHz with an external oscillator) with one cycle latency.
Any combination of single-ended (up to 4 inputs) or differential (up to 2 inputs) can be selected with a common mode input range from ground to VCC. While operating in the 1X speed mode the ﬁrst conversion following a new speed/resolution or channel selection is valid.
- Auto Ranging 6-Digit DVMs
- High Speed Multiplexing
- Weight Scales
- Direct Temperature Measurement
- High Speed Data Acquisition
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Tools & Simulations
Linduino is Analog Devices’ Arduino compatible system for developing and distributing firmware libraries and example code for our integrated circuits. Each Linduino-supported product includes an example main program, defined in the LTSketchbook/Part Number folder and driver code, defined in the LTSketchbook/libraries folder.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.