Features and Benefits
- 24-Bit ADCs in Tiny MSOP-10 Packages
- 4ppm INL, No Missing Codes
- 4ppm Full-Scale Error
- 0.5ppm Offset
- 0.6ppm Noise
- Single Conversion Settling Time for Multiplexed Applications
- 1- or 2-Channel Inputs
- Automatic Channel Selection (Ping-Pong) (LTC2402)
- Zero Scale and Full Scale Set for Reference and Ground Sensing
- Internal Oscillator—No External Components Required
- 110dB Min, 50Hz/60Hz Notch Filter
- Reference Input Voltage: 0.1V to VCC
- Live Zero—Extended Input Range Accommodates12.5% Overrange and Underrange
- Single Supply 2.7V to 5.5V Operation
- Low Supply Current (200µA) and Auto Shutdown
The LTC2401/LTC2402 are 1- and 2-channel 2.7V to 5.5V micropower 24-bit analog-to-digital converters with an integrated oscillator, 4ppm INL and 0.6ppm RMS noise. These ultrasmall devices use delta-sigma technology and a new digital filter architecture that settles in a single cycle. This eliminates the latency found in conventional ΔΣ converters and simplifies multiplexed applications.
Through a single pin, the LTC2401/LTC2402 can be configured for better than 110dB rejection at 50Hz or 60Hz ±2%, or can be driven by an external oscillator for a user defined rejection frequency in the range 1Hz to 120Hz. The internal oscillator requires no external frequency setting components.
These converters accept an external reference voltage from 0.1V to VCC. With an extended input conversion range of –12.5% VREF to 112.5% VREF (VREF = FSSET – ZSSET), the LTC2401/LTC2402 smoothly resolve the offset and overrange problems of preceding sensors or signal conditioning circuits.
The LTC2401/LTC2402 communicate through a 2- or 3-wire digital interface that is compatible with SPI and MICROWIRE™ protocols.
- Weight Scales
- Direct Temperature Measurement
- Gas Analyzers
- Strain-Gage Transducers
- Data Acquisition
- Industrial Process Control
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Product Selector Card (1)
Technical Articles (2)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.