Features and Benefits
- 12-Bit Resolution
- Low Power: 1.5mW at 1ksps, 35μW Sleep Mode
- 14ksps Throughput Rate
- Internal Reference
- Low Noise: SNR = 73.5dB
- Guaranteed No Missing Codes
- Single 5V Supply
- 2-wire I2C Compatible Serial Interface with 9 Addresses Plus One Global for Synchronization
- Fast Conversion Time: 1.3μs
- 1-Channel (LTC2301) and 2-Channel (LTC2305) Versions
- Unipolar or Bipolar Input Ranges (Software Selectable)
- Internal Conversion Clock
- Guaranteed Operation from –40°C to 125°C (MSOP Package)
- 12-Pin 4mm × 3mm DFN and 12-Pin MSOP Packages
The LTC2301/LTC2305 are low noise, low power, 1-/2-channel, 12-bit successive approximation ADCs with an I2C compatible serial interface. These ADCs include an internal reference and a fully differential sample-andhold circuit to reduce common mode noise. The LTC2301/ LTC2305 operate from an internal clock to achieve a fast 1.3μs conversion time.
The LTC2301/LTC2305 operate from a single 5V supply and draw just 300μA at a throughput rate of 1ksps. The ADC enters nap mode when not converting, reducing the power dissipation.
The LTC2301/LTC2305 are available in small 12-pin 4mm × 3mm DFN and 12-pin MSOP packages. The internal 2.5V reference further reduces PCB board space requirements.
The low power consumption and small size make the LTC2301/LTC2305 ideal for battery operated and portable applications, while the 2-wire I2C compatible serial interface makes these ADCs a good match for space-constrained systems.
- Industrial Process Control
- Motor Control
- Accelerometer Measurements
- Battery Operated Instruments
- Isolated and/or Remote Data Acquisition
- Power Supply Monitoring
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.