Features and Benefits
- SMBus/I²C™ Programmable Output Voltage: 1.3V to 3.5V
- No Sense Resistor Required
- 2% to 90% Duty Cycle at 200kHz
- tON(MIN) </= 100ns
- True Current Mode Control
- Stable with Ceramic COUT
- Power Good Output Voltage Monitor and 50µs Timer
- Wide VIN Range: 4V to 36V (Abs Max)
- Precision Resistor Divider and Reference Provide ±1.35% Output Voltage Accuracy Over Temperature
- Adjustable Switching Frequency and Current Limit
- Forced Continuous Control Pin
- Programmable Soft-Start
- Output Overvoltage Protection
- Optional Short-Circuit Shutdown Timer
- Available in a 28-Lead SSOP Package
The LTC1909-8 is a synchronous step-down switching regulator controller with a digitally programmable output voltage. The output voltage is selected from one of two 5-bit settings programmed into internal registers via a 2-wire SMBus/I²C interface. The interface features safeguards against invalid output voltages and allows the microprocessor to turn the regulator on and off. Valley current control delivers very low duty cycles without requiring a sense resistor. Operating frequency is selected by an external resistor and is compensated for variations in VIN and VOUT.
Discontinuous mode operation provides high efficiency operation at light loads. A forced continuous control pin reduces noise and RF interference and can assist secondary winding regulation by disabling discontinuous mode operation when the main output is lightly loaded.
Fault protection is provided by internal foldback current limiting, an output overvoltage comparator and optional short-circuit shutdown timer.
The LTC1909-8 is available in the 28-lead SSOP package.
- Power Supplies for DSPs, ASICs, FPGAs and CPUs
- Voltage Margining
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.