Features and Benefits
- SO-8 Package (LTC1595)
- DNL and INL: 1LSB Max
- Low Glitch Impulse: 1nV-s Typ
- Fast Settling to 1LSB: 2µs (with LT1468)
- Pin Compatible with Industry Standard 12-Bit DACs:
- 4-Quadrant Multiplication
- Low Supply Current: 10µA Max
- Power-On Reset
- LTC1595/LTC1596: Resets to Zero Scale
- LTC1596-1: Resets to Midscale
- 3-Wire SPI and MICROWIRE™ Compatible Serial Interface
- Daisy-Chain Serial Output (LTC1596)
- Asynchronous Clear Input
- LTC1596: Clears to Zero Scale
- LTC1596-1: Clears to Midscale
The LTC1595/LTC1596/LTC1596-1 are serial input, 16‑bit multiplying current output DACs. The LTC1595 is pin and hardware compatible with the 12-bit DAC8043 and comes in 8-pin PDIP and SO packages. The LTC1596 is pin and hardware compatible with the 12-bit DAC8143/AD7543 and comes in the 16-pin SO wide package.
Both are specified over the industrial temperature range. Sensitivity of INL to op amp VOS is reduced by five times compared to the industry standard 12-bit DACs, so most systems can be easily upgraded to true 16-bit resolution and linearity without requiring more precise op amps.
These DACs include an internal deglitching circuit that reduces the glitch impulse by more than ten times to less than 1nV-s typ.
The DACs have a clear input and a power-on reset. The LTC1595 and LTC1596 reset to zero-scale. The LTC1596‑1 is a version of the LTC1596 that resets to mid-scale.
- Process Control and Industrial Automation
- Software Controlled Gain Adjustment
- Digitally Controlled Filter and Power Supplies
- Automatic Test Equipment
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.