Features and Benefits
- Quiescent Current: 5µA Typ
- Outputs Swing Rail-to-Rail
- Low Op Amp Offset Voltage: 700µV Max
- Reference Output Drives 0.01µF Capacitor
- Internal 1.2V ±0.4% Reference Output (LTC1541)
- Low Input Bias Current: 1nA Max
- Reference Output Can Source Up to 2mA
- Internal ±2.25mV Comparator Hysteresis
- Comparator and Op Amp Input Range Includes Ground
- Op Amp Capable of Driving Up to 1000pF Load
- Unity-Gain Stable and 12kHz Bandwidth
- 2.5V to 12.6V Supply Voltage Range
- Pin Compatible Upgrade for MAX951/MAX953
- Available in 3mm × 3mm × 0.8mm DFN Package
The LTC1541/LTC1542 combine a micropower amplifier, comparator and bandgap reference (LTC1541) in an 8-pin package. The part operates from a single 2.5V to 12.6V or dual ±1.25V to ±6.3V supply with a typical supply current of 5µA. Both the op amp and comparator feature a common mode input voltage range that extends from the negative supply to within 1.3V of the positive supply. The op amp output stage swings from rail-to-rail. The comparator's inverting input is internally connected to the reference output (LTC1541).
The reference output voltage is 1.2V ±1% over the extended temperature range. The output can drive a bypass capacitor of up to 0.01µF without any oscillations. It can also source up to 2mA and sink up to 20µA.
The op amp is internally compensated to be unity-gain stable with typical GBW at 12kHz and slew rate of 8V/ms. The comparator has ±2.25mV of internal hysteresis to ensure clean output switching, even with slow moving input signals.
The LTC1541/LTC1542 are available in MSOP and SO-8 packages. For space-limited applications, the LTC1541/LTC1542 are available in a 3mm × 3mm low profile (0.8mm) dual fine-pitch leadless package (DFN).
- Battery- or Solar-Powered Systems
- Automotive Keyless Entry
- Low Frequency, Local Area Alarms/Detectors
- Infrared Receivers for Remote Controls
- Smoke Detectors and Safety Sensors
- GSM Portable Phones
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.