Features and Benefits
- VIN Range: 6V to 80V
- VBAT Range: 1.3V to 80V
- Single Inductor Allows VIN Above, Below, or Equal to VBAT
- Automatic MPPT for Solar Powered Charging
- Automatic Temperature Compensation
- I2C Telemetry and Configuration
- Internal EEPROM for Configuration Storage
- Operation from Solar Panel or DC Supply
- Four Integrated Feedback Loops
- Synchronizable Fixed Frequency: 100kHz to 400kHz
- 64-Lead (7mm × 11mm × 0.75mm) QFN Package
The LT8491 is a buck-boost switching regulator battery charger that implements a constant-current constant-voltage (CCCV) charging profile used for most battery types, including sealed lead-acid (SLA), flooded, gel and lithium-ion.
The device operates from input voltages above, below or equal to the output voltage and can be powered by a solar panel or a DC power supply. On-chip logic provides automatic maximum power point tracking (MPPT) for solar powered applications. The LT8491 can perform automatic temperature compensation by sensing an external thermistor thermally coupled to the battery. The STATUS pin can be used to drive an LED indicator lamp. The device is available in a low profile (0.75mm) 7mm × 11mm 64-lead QFN package.
- Solar Powered Battery Chargers
- Multiple Types of Lead-Acid Battery Charging
- Li-Ion Battery Charger
- Battery Equipped Industrial or Portable Military Equipment
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.