Features and Benefits
- Conversion loss: 9 dB typical at 3 GHz to 9 GHz
- Local oscillator (LO) to radio frequency (IF) isolation: 43 dB typical at 3 GHz to 9 GHz
- RF to intermediate frequency (IF) isolation: 26 dB typical at 3 GHz to 9 GHz
- Input third-order intercept (IP3): 24 dBm typical at 3 GHz to 9 GHz
- Input 1 dB compression point (P1dB): 17 dBm typical at 3 GHz to 9 GHz
- Input second-order intercept (IP2): 67 dBm typical at 3 GHz to 9 GHz
- Passive double-balanced topology
- Wide IF frequency range: dc to 4 GHz
- 12-terminal, ceramic, leadless chip carrier (LCC) package
The HMC787A is a general-purpose, double balanced mixer in a 12-terminal, RoHS compliant, ceramic leadless chip carrier (LCC) package that can be used as an upconverter or down- converter from 3 GHz to 10 GHz. This mixer is fabricated in a gallium arsenide (GaAs), metal semiconductor field effect transistor (MESFET) process and requires no external components or matching circuitry. The HMC787A provides excellent local oscillator (LO) to radio frequency (RF) and LO to intermediate frequency (IF) isolation due to optimized balun structures and operates with a LO drive level of 17 dBm. The ceramic LCC package eliminates the need for wire bonding and is compatible with high volume, surface-mount manufacturing techniques.
- Microwave Radio
- Industrial, scientific, and medical (ISM) band and ultrawide band (UWB) radio
- Test equipment & sensors
- Military end use
Markets & Technology
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Tools & Simulations
ADIsimRF is an easy-to-use RF signal chain calculator. Cascaded gain, noise, distortion and power consumption can be calculated, plotted and exported for signal chains with up to 50 stages. ADIsimRF also includes an extensive data base of device models for ADI’s RF and mixed signal components.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.