Features and Benefits
- Attenuation range: 0.5 dB (LSB) steps to 31.5 dB
- Low insertion loss: 1.6 dB at 3 GHz
- Excellent attenuation accuracy
- High linearity
- Input 0.1dB compression (P0.1dB): 33 dBm typical
- Input third-order intercept (IP3): 55 dBm typical
- High RF input power handling: 28 dBm
- Low phase shift: 25° at 3 GHz
- Pin compatible to the HMC1122
- See data sheet for additional features
- Download HMC624A-EP data sheet (pdf)
- Extended industrial temperature range: −55°C to +105°C
- Controlled manufacturing baseline
- 1 assembly/test site
- 1 fabrication site
- Product change notification
- Qualification data available upon request
The HMC624A is a 6-bit digital attenuator with a 31.5 dB attenuation control range in 0.5 dB steps.
The HMC624A offers excellent attenuation accuracy and high input linearity over the specified frequency range from 100 MHz to 6.0 GHz. However, this digital attenuator features external ac grounding capacitors to extend the operation below 100 MHz.
The HMC624A is integrated with two dies: a CMOS driver and a gallium arsenide (GaAs) RF attenuator. The CMOS driver provides both serial and parallel control of the RF attenuator. The device also features a user-selectable power-up state and a serial output port for cascading other serial controlled components.
The HMC624A operates with a single positive supply voltage from 3 V to 5 V, and provides a CMOS-/TTL-compatible control interface.
The HMC624A comes in a RoHS compliant, compact, 4 mm × 4 mm LFCSP package, and is pin compatible to the HMC1122 except for the ACGx pins.
- Cellular infrastructure
- Microwave radios and very small aperture terminals (VSATs)
- Test equipment and sensors
- Intermediate frequency (IF) and radio frequency (RF) designs
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Tools & Simulations
ADIsimRF is an easy-to-use RF signal chain calculator. Cascaded gain, noise, distortion and power consumption can be calculated, plotted and exported for signal chains with up to 50 stages. ADIsimRF also includes an extensive data base of device models for ADI’s RF and mixed signal components.
Product Selection Guide (1)
Tape & Reel Specification (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.