Features and Benefits
- Conversion loss
- 9 dB typical for 24 GHz to 29 GHz
- 11 dB typical for 29 GHz to 38 GHz
- LO to RF isolation
- 40 dB typical for 24 GHz to 29 GHz
- 38 dB typical for 29 GHz to 38 GHz
- LO to IF isolation
- 27 dB typical for 24 GHz to 29 GHz
- 44 dB typical for 29 GHz to 38 GHz
- RF to IF isolation
- 20 dB typical for 24 GHz to 29 GHz
- 28 dB typical for 29 GHz to 38 GHz
- Input IP3
- 18 dBm typical for 24 GHz to 29 GHz
- 19 dBm typical for 29 GHz to 38 GHz
- IF bandwidth: dc to 18 GHz
- Passive, no dc bias required
The HMC560A chip is a gallium arsenide (GaAs), monolithic microwave integrated circuit (MMIC), double balanced mixer that can be used as an upconverter or downconverter from 24 GHz to 38 GHz in a small chip area. This mixer requires no external component or matching circuitry.
The HMC560A provides high local oscillator (LO) to RF and LO to intermediate frequency (IF) suppression, 40 dB and 44 dB, respectively, due to optimized balun structures. The mixer operates with LO amplitudes from 9 dBm to 15 dBm.
- Point to point radios
- Point to multipoint radios and very small aperture terminal (VSAT) radios
- Test equipment and sensors
- Military end use
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Tools & Simulations
ADIsimRF is an easy-to-use RF signal chain calculator. Cascaded gain, noise, distortion and power consumption can be calculated, plotted and exported for signal chains with up to 50 stages. ADIsimRF also includes an extensive data base of device models for ADI’s RF and mixed signal components.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.