Features and Benefits
- Conversion loss: 7.5 dB typical at 5.5 GHz to 10 GHz
- Local oscillator (LO) to radio frequency (RF) isolation: 45 dB typical at 5.5 GHz to 10 GHz
- LO to intermediate frequency (IF) isolation: 45 dB typical at 10 GHz to 14 GHz
- Input third-order intercept (IIP3): 21 dBm typical at 10 GHz to 14 GHz
- Input P1dB: 11.5 dBm typical at 10 GHz to 14 GHz
- Input second-order intercept (IIP2): 55 dBm typical at 10 GHz to 14 GHz
- Passive double-balanced topology
- Wide IF bandwidth: dc to 6 GHz
- 12-lead ceramic leadless chip carrier package
The HMC558A is a general-purpose, double-balanced mixer in a leadless RoHS compliant SMT package that can be used as an upconverter or downconverter between 5.5 GHz and 14 GHz. This mixer is fabricated in a gallium arsenide (GaAs) metal semi-conductor field effect transistor (MESFET) process, and requires no external components or matching circuitry.
The HMC558A provides excellent LO to RF and LO to IF isolation due to optimized balun structures, and operates with LO drive levels as low as 9 dBm. The RoHS compliant HMC558A eliminates the need for wire bonding, and is compatible with high volume surface-mount manufacturing techniques.
- Point to point microwave radios
- Point to multipoint radios
- Military end use
- Instrumentation, automatic test equipment (ATE) and sensors
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Tools & Simulations
ADIsimRF is an easy-to-use RF signal chain calculator. Cascaded gain, noise, distortion and power consumption can be calculated, plotted and exported for signal chains with up to 50 stages. ADIsimRF also includes an extensive data base of device models for ADI’s RF and mixed signal components.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.