Features and Benefits
- Passive: no dc bias required
- Conversion loss: 7 dB typical at 6 GHz to 11 GHz
- Input IP3: 18 dBm typical at 6 GHz to 11 GHz
- LO to RF isolation: 36 dB typical
- Wide IF bandwidth: dc to 5 GHz
- RoHS compliant, 12-terminal, 2.90 mm × 2.90 mm LCC package
The HMC553ALC3B is a general-purpose, double-balanced, gallium arsenide (GaAs), monolithic microwave integrated circuit (MMIC) mixer housed in a leadless Pb-free, RoHS compliant LCC package. The HMC553ALC3B can be used as an upconverter or downconverter between 6 GHz and 14 GHz. This mixer requires no external components or matching circuitry.
The HMC553ALC3B provides local oscillator (LO) to radio frequency (RF) and LO to intermediate frequency (IF) suppression due to optimized balun structures. The mixer operates with LO drive levels from 9 dBm to 15 dBm. The HMC553ALC3B eliminates the need for wire bonding, allowing use of surface-mount manufacturing techniques.
- Microwave and very small aperture terminal (VSAT) radios
- Test equipment
- Point to point radios
- Military electronic warfare (EW); electronic countermeasure (ECM); and command, control, communications and intelligence (C3I)
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.