Features and Benefits
- Radio frequency (RF) range: 6 GHz to 10 GHz
- Local oscillator (LO) input frequency range: 6 GHz to 10 GHz
- Conversion loss: 8 dB typical at 6 GHz to 10 GHz
- Image rejection: 23 dBc typical at 6 GHz to 10 GHz
- LO to RF isolation: 43 dB typical
- LO to intermediate frequency (IF) isolation: 25 dB typical
- Input third-order intercept (IP3): 19 dBm typical
- Input power for 1 dB compression (P1dB): 10 dBm typical at 7.1 GHz to 8.5 GHz
- Wide IF frequency range: DC to 3.5 GHz
- 24-terminal, 4 mm × 4 mm, ceramic leadless chip carrier
The HMC520A is a compact gallium arsenide (GaAs), monolithic microwave integrated circuit (MMIC), in-phase quadrature (I/Q) mixer in a 24-terminal, RoHS compliant, ceramic leadless chip carrier (LCC) package. The device can be used as either an image reject mixer or a single sideband upconverter. The mixer uses two standard double balanced mixer cells and a 90° hybrid fabricated in a GaAs, metal semiconductor field effect transistor (MESFET) process. The HMC520A is a much smaller alternative to a hybrid style image reject mixer and a single sideband upconverter assembly. The HMC520A eliminates the need for wire bonding, allowing the use of surface-mount manufacturing techniques.
- Point to point microwave radios
- Point to multipoint radios
- Video satellites (VSATs)
- Digital radios
- Automatic test equipment (ATE)
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.