Features and Benefits
- Passive: No DC Bias Required
- Conversion loss (downconverter): 9 dB typical at 14 GHz to 30 GHz
- Single-sideband noise figure: 11 dB typical at 14 GHz to 30 GHz
- Input IP3 (downconverter): 20 dBm typical at 14 GHz to 30 GHz
- Input P1dB compression point (downconverter): 12 dBm typical at 14 GHz to 30 GHz
- Input IP2: 53 dBm typical at 14 GHz to 30 GHz
- RF to IF isolation: 30 dB typical at 14 GHz to 30 GHz
- LO to RF isolation: 46 dB typical at 14 GHz to 30 GHz
- LO to IF isolation: 34 dB typical at 14 GHz to 30 GHz
- RF return loss: 10 dB typical at 14 GHz to 30 GHz
- LO return loss: 9 dB typical at 14 GHz to 30 GHz
- Wide IF frequency range: dc to 8 GHz
- Small size: 7-pad bare die [CHIP]
The HMC292A chip is a miniature, passive, gallium arsenide (GaAs), monolithic microwave integrated circuit (MMIC), double balanced mixer that can be used as an upconverter or a downconverter within the 14 GHz to 32 GHz RF frequency range with a small chip area. Excellent isolations are provided by an on-chip balun that requires no external components and no dc bias. All data is measured with the chip in a 50 Ω test fixture connected via 0.076 mm (0.003 inches) ribbon bonds of minimal length <0.31 mm (<0.012 inches).
- Microwave and very small aperture terminal (VSAT) radios
- Test equipment
- Point to point radios
- Military electronic warfare (EW); electronic countermeasure (ECM); and command, control, communications and intelligence (C3I)
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Tools & Simulations
ADIsimRF is an easy-to-use RF signal chain calculator. Cascaded gain, noise, distortion and power consumption can be calculated, plotted and exported for signal chains with up to 50 stages. ADIsimRF also includes an extensive data base of device models for ADI’s RF and mixed signal components.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.