Features and Benefits
- Compliant with PSI5 Communication Protocol Version 1.3
- Asynchronous operation:
PSI5-P10P-500/3L and others
Daisy-chain operation with bidirectional communication
- 10-bit sensor data
- User configurable sensor range: ±30 g, ±60 g, ±120 g, ±240 g, ±480 g
- 0.25 μs data interpolation routine
- User-selectable, continuous auto-zero operation
- Electromechanical sensor self-test
- High resistance to EMI/RFI/BCI
- 4.5 V to 16.5 V operation
- Electronic serial number
- Qualified for automotive applications
The ADXL185B z-axis sensor and the ADXL189B x-axis sensor are g range configurable, integrated single-axis satellite sensors, compliant with the PSI5 Version 1.3 specification. The ADXL185B / ADXL189B enable low cost solutions for front and side impact airbag satellite sensor applications. Acceleration data is sent to the control module via a digital 2-wire current loop interface bus.
The sensor g range is configurable to provide full-scale ranges from ±30 g to ±480 g. The devices can also be configured to transmit data from multiple g ranges during predefined time slots, in accordance with the PSI5 specification. The devices transmit 10-bit acceleration data to the control module and can be configured to include either a 1-bit parity check or a 3-bit cyclic redundancy check (CRC). Each device has a unique electronic serial number.
The ADXL185B / ADXL189B are available in a 16-lead, narrow-body SOIC package with an exposed pad. The ADXL185B / ADXL189B are specified to operate over the full automotive temperature range of −40°C to +125°C.
- Front impact crash sensing
- Side impact crash sensing
- Shock and vibration detection
- Pedestrian collision sensing
Markets and Technologies
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.