Features and Benefits
- User configurable sensor range: ±30 g, ±60 g, ±120 g, ±240 g, ±480 g
- Compliant with PSI5 Communication Protocol Version 1.3
Asynchronous operation: PSI5-A10P-250/1L
Synchronous operation: PSI5-P10P-500/3L and others
Daisy-chain operation with bidirectional communication
- 10-bit sensor data
- 0.25 μs data interpolation routine
- User-selectable, continuous auto-zero operation
- Electromechanical sensor self-test
- High resistance to EMI/RFI/BCI
- 4.5 V to 16.5 V operation
- Electronic serial number
- Qualified for automotive applications
The ADXL185B z-axis sensor and the ADXL189B x-axis sensor are g range configurable, integrated single-axis satellite sensors, compliant with the PSI5 Version 1.3 specification. The ADXL185B / ADXL189B enable low cost solutions for front and side impact airbag satellite sensor applications. Acceleration data is sent to the control module via a digital 2-wire current loop interface bus.
The sensor g range is configurable to provide full-scale ranges from ±30 g to ±480 g. The devices can also be configured to transmit data from multiple g ranges during predefined time slots, in accordance with the PSI5 specification. The devices transmit 10-bit acceleration data to the control module and can be configured to include either a 1-bit parity check or a 3-bit cyclic redundancy check (CRC). Each device has a unique electronic serial number.
The ADXL185B / ADXL189B are available in a 16-lead, narrow-body SOIC package with an exposed pad. The ADXL185B / ADXL189B are specified to operate over the full automotive temperature range of −40°C to +125°C.
- Front impact crash sensing
- Side impact crash sensing
- Shock and vibration detection
- Pedestrian collision sensing
Markets and Technologies
A short-form datasheet for this product is available for download from this web page. For complete documentation and additional support, please contact your local Analog Devices sales office.
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.