Features and Benefits
- ITU-R1 BT601/656 YCrCb to PAL/NTSC Video Encoder
- Six High Quality 10-Bit Video DACs
- SSAF™ (Super Sub-Alias Filter)
- Advanced Power Management Features
PC'98-Compliant (TV Detect with Polling and Auto Shutdown to Save On Power Consumption)
Low Power DAC Mode
Individual DAC ON/OFF Control
Variable DAC Output Current (5 mA–36 mA)
Ultralow Sleep Mode Current
- Hue, Brightness, Contrast and Saturation Controls
- CGMS (Copy Generation Management System)
- WSS (Wide Screen Signalling)
- NTSC-M, PAL-M/N, PAL-B/D/G/H/I, PAL-60
- YUV Betacam, MII and SMPTE/EBU N10 Output Levels
- Single 27 MHz Clock Required (x2 Oversampling)
- 80 dB Video SNR
- 32-Bit Direct Digital Synthesizer for Color Subcarrier
The ADV7172/ADV7173 is an integrated Digital Video Encoder that converts digital CCIR-601 4:2:2 8-bit component video data into a standard analog baseband television signal compatible with worldwide standards.
There are six DACs available on the ADV7172/ADV7173. In addition to the Composite output signal there is the facility to output S-VHS Y/C Video, RGB Video and YUV Video.
The on-board SSAF (Super Sub-Alias Filter), with extended luminance frequency response and sharp stopband attenuation, enables studio quality video playback on modern TVs, giving optimal horizontal line resolution. An additional sharpness control feature allows extra luminance boost on the frequency response.
An advanced power management circuit enables optimal control of power consumption in both normal operating modes and power down or sleep modes. A PC’98-Compliant autodetect feature has been added to allow the user to determine whether or not the DACs are correctly terminated. If not, the ADV7172/ ADV7173 flags that they are not connected through the Status bit and provides the option of automatically powering them down, thereby reducing power consumption.
The ADV7172/ADV7173 also supports both PAL and NTSC square pixel operation. The parts also incorporate WSS and CGMS-A data control generation.
- High Performance DVD Playback Systems, Portable Video Equipment including Digital Still Cameras and Laptop PCs, Video Games, PC Video/Multimedia and Digital Satellite/Cable Systems (Set-Top Boxes/IRD)
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.