New Content (1)
Features and Benefits
- 4 A peak drive output capability
- Output power device resistance: <1 Ω
- Desaturation protection
- Isolated desaturation fault reporting
- Soft shutdown on fault
- Miller clamp output with gate sense input
- Isolated fault and ready functions
- Low propagation delay: 75 ns typical
- Minimum pulse width: 50 ns
- Operating temperature range: −40°C to +125°C
- Output voltage range up to 35 V
- Input voltage range from 2.5 V to 6 V
- Output and input UVLO
- Creepage distance: 8 mm minimum
- 100 kV/μs CMTI
- 20 year lifetime for TBD V rms or TBD V dc working voltage
- Safety and regulatory approvals (pending)
- TBD kV ac for 1 minute per UL 1577
- CSA Component Acceptance Notice 5A
- DIN V VDE V 0884-11
- VIORM = 1500 V (TBD) peak (reinforced/basic)
The ADuM4146 is a single-channel gate driver specifically optimized for driving silicon carbide (SiC) metal-oxide semiconductor field effect transistors (MOSFETs). Analog Devices, Inc., iCoupler® technology provides isolation between the input signal and the output gate drive.
The ADuM4146 includes a Miller clamp to provide robust SiC turn off with a single-rail supply when the gate voltage drops below 2 V. Operation with unipolar or bipolar secondary supplies is possible with or without the Miller clamp operation.
The Analog Devices chip scale transformers also provide isolated communication of control information between the high voltage and low voltage domains of the chip. Information on the status of the chip can be read back from dedicated outputs. Control of resetting the device after a fault on the secondary side is performed on the primary side of the device.
Integrated onto the ADuM4146 is a desaturation detection circuit that provides protection against high voltage short-circuit SiC operation. The desaturation protection contains noise reducing features, such as a 300 ns masking time after a switching event to mask voltage spikes due to initial turn on. An internal 500 μA current source allows low device count, and the internal blanking switch allows the addition of an external current source if more noise immunity is needed.
The secondary undervoltage lockout (UVLO) is set to 11.5 V with common SiC levels taken into consideration.
- SiC/MOSFET/IGBT gate drivers PV inverters
- Motor drives
- Power supplies
Markets & Technology
Product Lifecycle Pre-Release
This product is new and engineering validation may still be underway. Quantities may be limited and design specifications may change while we ready the product for release to production.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-ADuM4146WHB1Z is a half bridge gate drive board that allows simple evaluation of the performance of the ADuM4146 when driving advanced Wolfspeed third generation C3M™ silicon carbide (SiC) metal-oxide semiconductor field-effect transistors (MOSFETs) and power modules. The EVAL-ADuM4146WHB1Z is intended to be used in conjunction with Wolfspeed clamped inductive load (CIL) test boards or half bridge evaluation boards and differential transceiver boards.
The EVAL-ADuM4146WHB1Z has an isolated return channel that is configured to read a negative temperature coefficient (NTC) thermistor and provide a variable frequency output corresponding to the resistance and temperature of the NTC.
The control and input interface for the EVAL-ADuM4146WHB1Z uses RS-422 signaling for improved noise and disturbance immunity and includes a 12 V power input for the EVAL-ADuM4146WHB1Z.
For full details on the ADuM4146, see the ADuM4146 data sheet, which must be consulted in conjunction with this user guide when using the EVAL-ADuM4146WHB1Z.
The EVAL-ADuM4146WHB1Z contains a pre-released version of the ADuM4146. The short-circuit protection (SCP) feature must not be used for bus voltages over 600 V. The released version of the ADuM4146 will not have this restriction on SCP.
Features & Benefits
- Optimized for use with Wolfspeed SiC MOSFETs and power modules
- Compatible with Wolfspeed CIL test boards and half bridge evaluation boards
- High frequency, ultrafast switching operation
- Input and output side UVLO
- Short-circuit protection
- Shoot-through protection interlock
- Internal Miller clamp
- Differential inputs for increased noise immunity
- Fault and ready indicators
- Isolated NTC thermistor measurement
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.