New Content (1)
Features and Benefits
- 2 A output current per output pin (<3 Ω RDSON_X)
- 3 A peak short-circuit current
- 3.3 V to 6.5 V, VDD1
- 4.5 V to 35 V, VDD2
- Positive going threshold, UVLO at 3.3 V VDD1
- Multiple positive going thresholds, UVLO options on VDD2
- Grade A: 4.4 V (typical) positive going threshold, UVLO
- Grade B: 7.3 V (typical) positive going threshold, UVLO
- Grade C: 11.3 V (typical) positive going threshold, UVLO
- Precise timing characteristics
- 48 ns maximum propagation delay for falling edge
- CMOS input logic levels
- High common-mode transient immunity: >150 kV/µs
- High junction temperature operation: 125°C
- Default low output
- Selectable slew rate control
- Safety and regulatory approvals (pending)
- UL recognition per UL 1577
- 5 kV rms for 1 minute
- CSA Component Acceptance Notice 5A
- VDE certificate of conformity (pending)
- DIN V VDE V 0884-10
- VIORM = 849 V peak
- UL recognition per UL 1577
- Wide-body, 8-lead SOIC_IC
The ADuM4122 is an isolated, single device, dual output driver that uses iCoupler® technology to provide precision isolation. The ADuM4122 provides 5 kV rms isolation in the wide-body, 8-lead SOIC package. These isolation components combine high speed complementary metal-oxide semiconductor (CMOS) and monolithic transformer technology to provide performance characteristics superior to alternatives (such as a combination of pulse transformers and gate drivers).
The ADuM4122 operates with an input supply voltage range from 3.3 V to 6.5 V, providing compatibility with lower voltage systems. Unlike gate drivers that employ high voltage level translation methodologies, the ADuM4122 offers true galvanic isolation between the input and the output regions.
The ADuM4122 includes two output pins that facilitate slew rate control of two output drive strengths. The VOUT pin follows the logic of the VIN+ pin, while the boosting output, VOUT_SRC, can be toggled to follow the VIN+ pin or to go high-Z. The toggling of the slew rate is controlled by the primary side. Slew rate control can allow for electromagnetic interference (EMI) mitigation and voltage overshoot control.
An internal thermal shutdown sets outputs low if internal temperatures on the ADuM4122 exceed the thermal shutdown temperature.
As a result, the ADuM4122 provides reliable control over the switching characteristics of insulated gate bipolar transistor (IGBT) and metal-oxide semiconductor field effect transistor (MOSFET) configurations over a wide range of switching voltages, allowing for simple slew rate control.
- Switching power supplies
- Isolated IGBT and MOSFET gate drivers
- Industrial inverters
Markets & Technology
- Instrumentation & Measurement
- Building Technology
- Aerospace and Defense
Industrial Automation Technology (IAT)
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-ADuM4122EBZ evaluation board supports the ADuM4122 isolated gate driver with slew rate control. iCoupler® technology provides isolation between the ADuM4122 input signal and the output gate driver. The evaluation board supplies jumpers and screw terminals to configure different drive conditions. The EVAL-ADuM4122EBZ board operates with square waves and dc values on the VIN+ and SRC pins.
The ADuM4122 is operational with voltages of up to 35 V. Logic level voltages at the VIN+ pin control the VOUT output. The SRC pin controls whether the VOUT_SRC pin is either set to high-Z or follows the logic of the user supplied pulse-width modulation (PWM) input at VIN+. When the external series gate resistors combine the outputs from the VOUT and VOUT_SRC pins, one isolated gate driver is then able to have two easily selectable slew rates.
The EVAL-ADuM4122EBZ board tests the propagation delay, drive strength, slew rate selection, and input logic of the device.
Refer to the ADuM4122 data sheet for complete information about the ADuM4122, and consult the data sheet in conjunction with this user guide when using the evaluation board.
Features & Benefits
- 3 A short-circuit output capability
- Output power device resistance: <3 Ω
- Output voltage range to 35 V
- Output and input undervoltage lockout (UVLO)
- Pad placement for multiple switch types
- Pad placement for external series gate resistors
- Screw terminals for easy connectivity
- Placement for capacitive load testing
- Jumpers for easy slew rate setting
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.