Features and Benefits
- For AEC-Q100 Automotive Qualified Devices Specifications view ADuM340xW data sheet
- Enhanced system-level ESD performance per IEC 61000-4-x
- Bidirectional communication
- 3 V/5 V level translation
- High temperature operation: 105°C
- High data rate: dc to 90 Mbps (NRZ)
- See data sheet for additional features
- Download ADuM3400-EP data sheet (pdf)
- Military temperature range (−55°C to +125°C)
- Controlled manufacturing baseline
- One assembly/test site
- One fabrication site
- Enhanced product change notification
- Qualification data available on request
- V62/14629 DSCC Drawing Number
The ADuM3400/ADuM3401/ADuM3402 are 4-channel digital isolators based on the Analog Devices, Inc., iCoupler® technology. Combining high speed CMOS and monolithic air core transformer technology, these isolation components provide outstanding performance characteristics superior to alternatives such as optocoupler devices.
iCoupler devices remove the design difficulties commonly associated with optocouplers. Typical optocoupler concerns regarding uncertain current transfer ratios, nonlinear transfer functions, and temperature and lifetime effects are eliminated with the simple iCoupler digital interfaces and stable performance characteristics. The need for external drivers and other discrete components is eliminated with these iCoupler products. Furthermore, iCoupler devices consume one-tenth to one-sixth the power of optocouplers at comparable signal data rates.
The isolators provide four independent isolation channels in a variety of channel configurations and data rates (see the Ordering Guide). All models operate with the supply voltage on either side ranging from 2.7 V to 5.5 V, providing compatibility with lower voltage systems as well as enabling a voltage translation functionality across the isolation barrier. The isolators have a patented refresh feature that ensures dc correctness in the absence of input logic transitions and during powerup/power-down conditions.
In comparison to the ADuM1400/ADuM1401/ADuM1402 isolators, the ADuM3400/ADuM3401/ADuM3402 isolators contain various circuit and layout changes to provide increased capability relative to system-level IEC 61000-4-x testing (ESD/ burst/surge). The precise capability in these tests for either set of isolators is strongly determined by the design and layout of the user’s board or module. For more information, see the AN-793 application note, ESD/Latch-Up Considerations with iCoupler Isolation Products.
- General-purpose multichannel isolation
- SPI/data converter isolation
- RS-232/RS-422/RS-485 transceivers
- Industrial field bus isolation
Markets & Technology
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
EVAL-ADuMQSEBZ can be used with most iCoupler® and isoPower(R) isolation products in the 16-lead, wide-body SOIC and QSOP packages. The evaluation board supports the common pad positions for power, ground, and I/O pins.
Supported iCoupler® Products
Features & Benefits
- Convenient connections for power through screw terminal blocks
- Add-on BNC connector for 50 Ω signal sources
- On-board signal routing
- Support for signal wrap back
- Simple signal paths to reduce transmission line effects
- Pull-up and pull-down provided for control lines
- Support for isoPower
- Project area that supports surface-mount and through-hole devices
Data Sheets (4)
Application Notes (7)
Product Selector Card (1)
Safety and Regulatory Compliance (1)
Solutions Bulletins & Brochures (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.