Features and Benefits
- Analog I/O
- 8-Channel, High Accuracy 12-Bit ADC
- On-Chip, 100 ppm/°C Voltage Reference
- High Speed 200 kSPS
- DMA Controller for High Speed ADC-to-RAM Capture
- 2 12-Bit Voltage Output DACs
- On-Chip Temperature Sensor Function
- 8K Bytes On-Chip Flash/EE Program Memory
- 640 Bytes On-Chip Flash/EE Data Memory
- 256 Bytes On-Chip Data RAM
- 16M Bytes External Data Address Space
- 64K Bytes External Program Address Space
- 8051 Compatible Core
- 12 MHz Nominal Operation (16 MHz Max)
- 3 16-Bit Timer/Counters
- High Current Drive Capability—Port 3
- 9 Interrupt Sources, 2 Priority Levels
- Specified for 3 V and 5 V Operation
- Normal, Idle, and Power-Down Modes
- On-Chip Peripherals
- UART and SPI® Serial I/O
- 2-Wire (400 kHz I2C® Compatible) Serial I/O
- Watchdog Timer
- Power Supply Monitor
The ADuC812 is a fully integrated 12-bit data acquisition system incorporating a high performance self-calibrating multichannel ADC, dual DAC, and programmable 8-bit MCU (8051 instruction set compatible) on a single chip.
The programmable 8051 compatible core is supported by 8K bytes Flash/EE program memory, 640 bytes Flash/EE data memory, and 256 bytes data SRAM on-chip.
Additional MCU support functions include Watchdog Timer, Power Supply Monitor, and ADC DMA functions. Thirty-two programmable I/O lines, I2C compatible SPI and Standard UART Serial Port I/O are provided for multiprocessor interfaces and I/O expansion.
Normal, idle, and power-down operating modes for both the MCU core and analog converters allow flexible power management schemes suited to low power applications. The part is specified for 3 V and 5 V operation over the industrial temperature range and is available in a 52-lead, plastic quad flatpack package.
- Intelligent Sensors Calibration and Conditioning
- Battery-Powered Systems (Portable PCs, Instruments, Monitors)
- Transient Capture Systems
- DAS and Communications Systems
- Control Loop Monitors (Optical Networks/Base Stations)
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
Development System for evaluation of the ADuC812, 8-Channel 12-Bit ADC + Dual 12-Bit DAC + 8K-Byte Flash MCU.
The QuickStart Kits for the ADuC8x-series (8052-core) Precision Analog Microcontrollers feature serial-port download/debug capability and an assembly-source debugging environment.
Application Notes (13)
Software & Systems Requirements
ADuC812 Code Examples
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.