Most Accurate Temp Sensor @ 0.25°C, Smaller Package, Fast Response
Features and Benefits
- High performance
- Temperature accuracy
- ±0.5°C from −40°C to +105°C (2.7 V to 3.6 V)
- ±0.4°C from −40°C to +105°C (3.0 V)
- 16-bit temperature resolution: 0.0078°C
- Fast first temperature conversion on power-up of 6 ms
- Temperature accuracy
- Easy implementation
- No temperature calibration/correction required by user
- No linearity correction required
- Low power
- Power saving 1 sample per second (SPS) mode
- 700 µW typical at 3.3 V in normal mode
- 7 µW typical at 3.3 V in shutdown mode
- Wide operating ranges
- Temperature range: −55°C to +150°C
- Voltage range: 2.7 V to 5.5 V
- Programmable interrupts
- Critical overtemperature interrupt
- Overtemperature/undertemperature interrupt
- I2C-compatible interface
- 8-lead narrow SOICRoHS-compliant package
The ADT7410 is a high accuracy digital temperature sensor in a narrow SOIC package. It contains a band gap temperature reference and a 13-bit ADC to monitor and digitize the temperature to a 0.0625°C resolution. The ADC resolution, by default, is set to 13 bits (0.0625°C). This can be changed to 16 bits (0.0078°C) by setting Bit 7 in the configuration register (Register Address 0x03).
The ADT7410 is guaranteed to operate over supply voltages from 2.7 V to 5.5 V. Operating at 3.3 V, the average supply current is typically 210 μA. The ADT7410 has a shutdown mode that powers down the device and offers a shutdown current of typically 2 μA. The ADT7410 is rated for operation over the −55°C to +150°C temperature range.
Pin A0 and Pin A1 are available for address selection, giving the ADT7410 four possible I2C addresses. The CT pin is an open-drain output that becomes active when the temperature exceeds a programmable critical temperature limit. The default critical temperature limit is 147°C. The INT pin is also an open-drain output that becomes active when the temperature exceeds a programmable limit. The INT and CT pins can operate in either comparator or interrupt mode.
- Medical equipment
- Environmental control systems
- Computer thermal monitoring
- Thermal protection
- Industrial process control
- Power system monitors
- Hand-held applications
Markets & Technology
- Instrumentation & Measurement
- Industrial Automation Technology (IAT)
- Building Technology
- Precision Sensor Interface
3D Time of Flight (3D ToF)
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (2)
The ADT7X10 evaluation board allows designers to easily evaluate all features of the ADT7310 and ADT7410 high accuracy temperature sensor. There are two boards - the main evaluation board and the secondary evaluation board. The secondary board can be used to measure temperatures that are remote from the main board.
Please note: This Evaluation software does not run on Windows 8 or Windows 10 (USB driver is non-compliant with OS >Windows 7).
Features & Benefits
- Easy access to the ADT7310/ADT7410
- Connects to any PC USB port
- Self-contained evaluation system
- Test points for access to interface signals
- Secondary evaluation board allows remote temperature testing
The AD-96TOF1-EBZ is a proven hardware platform for depth perception. When paired with processor board from the 96Boards eco system, it can be used for 3D software and algorithm development. While the software and algorithms are being developed, the hardware design can be leveraged for productization. ADI can suggest 3rd party developers to help customize the platform to meet individual application needs.
Depending on customer preferences and development experience, different 96Boards processor boards can be used for overall system evaluation and custom development. There is also a Raspberry Pi interface available on the Mezzanine board for extra customer flexibility.
This solution offers the ability to be very small and low power while measuring depth at up to 6m distances, good outdoor and indoor performance and VGA resolution.
It can be used for applications like:
- Industrial automation
- SLAM (Simultaneous Localization and Mapping)
- Augmented Reality
- Virtual Reality
- Automotive sensing
Features & Benefits
The ADI ToF system uses a VGA CCD that enables the user to capture a 640x480 depth map of an image, providing up to 4x higher resolution than many other TOF systems on the market. This enables users to detect and measure the distance to smaller and thinner objects that would otherwise be invisible to other ToF systems. More information is included in our ToF technology page.
- Range: <6m
- FoV: 90° x 69.2°
- Wavelength 940nm
- Accuracy: 1-2.5% error
- Frame Rate: 30 fps max (dependent on application processor, OS and interface to host computer)
- Resolution: 640 x 480 pixels
- Multiple interface options to PC (USB, ETH, WiFi)
- ToF specific API for system control & data acquisition
- Operating system for Linux, Windows, Mac
- Complete open source software framework: wrappers for MATLAB®, Python, RobotOS
- Platform allows for software/algorithm development while hardware can be optimized
- 3rd Party network to help modify platform for individual production needs
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.