Features and Benefits
- 12-bit temperature-to-digital converter
- ±2°C accuracy
- Operation from −20°C to +125°C
- Operation from 3 V to 3.6 V
- 240 A typical average supply current
- Selectable 1.5°C, 3°C, 6°C hysteresis
- SMBus-/I2C®-compatible interface
- Dual-purpose event pin: comparator or interrupt
- 8-lead LFCSP, 3 mm × 3 mm (JEDEC MO-229 WEED-4) package
- Complies with JEDEC standard JC-42.4 memory module
- Thermal sensor component specification
The ADT7408 is the first digital temperature sensor that complies with JEDEC standard JC-42.4 for the mobile platform memory module. The ADT7408 contains a band gap temperature sensor and a 12-bit ADC to monitor and digitize the temperature to a resolution of 0.0625°C.
There is an open-drain EVENT# output that is active when the monitoring temperature exceeds a critical programmable limit or when the temperature falls above or below an alarm window. This pin can operate in either comparator or interrupt mode. There are three slave device address pins that allow up to eight ADT7408s to be used in a system that monitors temperature of various components and subsystems.
The ADT7408 is specified for operation at supply voltages from 3.0 V to 3.6 V. Operating at 3.3 V, the average supply current is less than 240 μA typical. The ADT7408 offers a shutdown mode that powers down the device and gives a shutdown current of 3 A typical. The ADT7408 is rated for operation over the −20°C to +125°C temperature range. The ADT7408 is available in a leadfree, 8-lead LFCSP, 3 mm × 3 mm (JEDEC MO-229 WEED-4) package.
- Memory module temperature monitoring
- Isolated sensors
- Environmental control systems
- Computer thermal monitoring
- Thermal protection
- Industrial process control
- Power system monitors
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.