EE-335: Interfacing SD Cards with Blackfin Processors (Rev. 1)3/4/20102666 kB
• EE-335: Code ExampleZIP
EE-339: Using External Switching Regulators with Blackfin® Processors (Rev. 1)8/18/2009163 kB
EE-326: Blackfin® Processor and SDRAM Technology (Rev. 2)8/18/2009958 kB
• EE-326: Code exampleZIP
EE-281: Hardware Design Checklist for the Blackfin® Processors (Rev. 2)7/7/200877 kB
EE-185: Fast Floating-Point Arithmetic Emulation on Blackfin® Processors (Rev. 4)8/28/2007119 kB
• EE-185: Associated Code (Rev 4, 08/2007)ZIP
EE-269: A Beginner’s Guide to Ethernet 802.3 (Rev. 1)6/7/2005447 kB
EE-183: Rational Sample Rate Conversion with Blackfin® Processors (Rev. 5)10/30/2003231 kB
• EE-183 Software CodeZIP
Suggested Replacement Parts :
Product Lifecycle Obsolete
The models in this product family are no longer available.
To find replacement products for this part:
Rochester Electronics and Arrow Supply Assurance have partnered with Analog Devices to source products that have been previously discontinued or have become obsolete.
Evaluation Kits (3)
The Blackfin SHARC USB EZ-Extender plugs onto the expansion interface of the ADSP-BF518F and ADSP-21469 EZ-Board and EZ-KIT Lite’s. The EZ-Extender aids the design and prototyping phases of the processor targeted applications and extends the capabilities of the evaluation system by providing a connection between the asynchronous memory bus of the Blackfin/SHARC processor and a USB 2.0 device.
Part number: ADZS-BFSHUSB-EZEXT
CROSSCORE® Tools Support:
Tel: 1-800-ANALOGD (262-5643)
Features & Benefits
- ADSP-21469: 176-pin LQFP package, 25 MHz CLKIN oscillator
- ADSP-21479: 196-pin BGA package, 16.625 MHz CLKIN oscillator
- ADSP-21489: 176-pin LQFP package, 25 MHz CLKIN oscillator
- Flash Memory: 4 M x 8-bit, Numonyx
- SDRAM Memory: 16Mb x16 bit, Micron MT48LC16M16A2P-6A
- Asynch SRAM: 1M x16 bit, ISSI IS61WV102416BLL-10TLI
- SPI Memory: 16 Mbit
- Analog Audio: AD1939 Codec
- SPDIF: RCA phone jacks
- Temp Sensor: ADM1032 Two Wire Sensor
- UART: ADM3202 RS-232 line driver/receiver
- Power Supply: 5V @ 3.6 Amps
- LEDs: 10 LEDs: 1 power (green), 1 board reset (red), and 8 general purpose (amber)
- Push Buttons: (5) push buttons: (1) reset, (2) connected to DAI, (2). IRQ/Flag
- SHARC Expansion Interface II: AMI, Flags/IRQs, DAI, DPI, PWR_IN, 3.3V, GND
- Other Features: Standalone Debug Agent Interface, RTC (Real Time Clock) implementation, Shift Register Interface, MP JTAG IN and OUT Connectors, 0-ohm resistors for DSP current measurement, CE compliant
The ADSP-BF518F EZ-KIT Lite® provides developers with a cost-effective method for initial evaluation of the ADSP-BF512/F, BF514/F, BF516/F, BF518/F Blackfin® Processors via a USB-based, PC-hosted tool set. With this EZ-KIT Lite, users can learn more about the Analog Devices (ADI) ADSP-BF518F hardware and software development, and quickly prototype a wide range of applications.
The EZ-KIT Lite includes an ADSP-BF518F Blackfin Processor desktop evaluation board along with an evaluation suite of the VisualDSP++® development and debugging environment, including the C/C++ compiler, assembler, and linker. The evaluation suite of VisualDSP++ is designed to be used with the EZ-KIT Lite only.
The EZ-KIT Lite also comes with a standalone debug agent board that is removable to allow a user to plug-in an external emulator.
Part number: ADZS-BF518F-EZLITE
CROSSCORE® Tools Support
Features & Benefits
- ADSP-BF518F: Blackfin processor: 400 MhZ, 176 Lead LQFP
- SDRAM: 64 MB, 32M x 16, Micron MT48LC32M16A2TG ,3.3V
- FLASH: 4 MB (2M x 16 ), Numonyx M29W320DB 3.3V, FBGA48
- SPI FLASH: 4 Mb on-chip SPI 1.8V
- Audio CODEC: ADI SSM2602 CODEC 3.3 Volts, 12MHz input
- A/D Converter: AD7266, Differential/Single-Ended Input, Dual 2 MSPS, 12 bit 3 Channel
- Power Analysis Interface: Precision resistors to measure VDDINT, VDDEXT, VDDMEM, VDDFLASH
- Ethernet PHY: National Semiconductor 10/100 Single Port PHY
- LEDs: 13 LEDs: 1 power (green), 1 board reset (red), 3 general purpose (amber), 8 Ethernet (amber)
- RTC Battery: 3.0 Volt Li-ION, CR2430 (270mAh)
- Connectors: Ethernet, SD, EBIU Expansion, Group 1A and 1B Expansion, Group 2A Expansion
EMULATOR-USB & HP USB ICE
Analog Devices’ cost-effective Universal Serial Bus (USB)-based emulator and High performance (HP) Universal Serial Bus (USB)-based emulator each provide an easy, portable, non-intrusive, target-based debugging solution for Analog Devices JTAG processors and DSPs. These powerful USB-based emulators perform a wide range of emulation functions, including single-step and full speed execution with pre-defined breakpoints, and viewing and/or altering of register and memory contents. With the ability to automatically detect and support multiple I/O voltages, the USB and HP USB emulators enable users to communicate with all of the Analog Devices JTAG processors and DSPs using either a full speed USB 1.1 or high speed USB 2.0 port on the host PC. Applications and data can easily and rapidly be tested and transferred between the emulators and the separately available VisualDSP++ development and debugging environment(sold separately).
The plug-and-play architecture of USB allows the emulators to be automatically detected and configured by the host operating system. It can also be connected to and disconnected from the host without opening the PC or turning off the power to the PC. A 3-meter cable is included to connect the emulators to the host PC, thus providing abundant accessibility to hard to reach targets.
The HP USB-based emulator also supports the Background
Telemetry Channel (BTC), a non-intrusive method
for exchanging data between the host and target
application without affecting the target system's
Part Number: ADZS-USB-ICE
High Performance USB-Based Emulator
Part Number: ADZS-HPUSB-ICE
Tel: 1-800-ANALOGD (262-5643)
For additional information, contact your local Analog Devices Sales Office or Distributor.
Features & Benefits
- Full speed USB 1.1 interface enabling download speeds of up to 150 KB/Sec (ADZS-USB-ICE) or High speed USB 2.0 interface enabling download speeds of up to 1.5MB/sec (ADZS-HPUSB-ICE)
- Background Telemetry Channel (BTC) support enabling non-intrusive data exchange at up to 2.0 MB/sec (ADZS-HPUSB-ICE only)
- 1.8V, 2.5V, and 3.3V compliant and tolerant
- Support for all ADI JTAG processors and DSPs
- 5V tolerant and 3.3V compliant for 5V processors and DSPs
- Multiprocessor support
- 14-pin JTAG connector
- 3-meter USB cable for difficult-to-reach targets
Documentation & Resources
Bluetooth EZ-Extender® Manual (Rev. 1.1)11/6/2009389 kB
Blackfin®/SHARC® USB EZ-Extender® Manual (Rev. 1.1)5/7/2009359 kB
Blackfin Processors: Manuals11/12/2015
ADSP-BF51x Blackfin® Processor Hardware Reference (Rev. 1.2)1/20/200921981 kB
ADSP-BF5xx/ADSP-BF60x Blackfin® Processor Programming Reference (Rev. 2.2)7/18/200620321 kB
VisualDSP++® 5.0 Assembler and Preprocessor Manual (Rev. 3.4)11/15/20093197 kB
VisualDSP++® 5.0 C/C++ Compiler and Library Manual for Blackfin Processors (Rev. 5.4)11/13/20093852 kB
VisualDSP++® 5.0 Loader and Utilities Manual (Rev. 2.5)11/13/20092246 kB
VisualDSP++® 5.0 Device Drivers and System Services Manual for Blackfin Processors (Rev. 4.3)11/13/20092484 kB
VisualDSP++® 5.0 Licensing Guide (Rev. 1.4)11/13/2009392 kB
VisualDSP++® 5.0 Kernel (VDK) Users Guide (Rev. 3.5)11/13/20092401 kB
VisualDSP++® 5.0 Linker and Utilities Manual (Rev. 3.5)11/13/20092290 kB
VisualDSP++® 5.0 Users Guide (Rev. 3.0)12/9/20072738 kB
VisualDSP++® 5.0 Quick Installation Reference Card (Rev. 3.1)8/30/200791 kB
VisualDSP++® 5.0 Getting Started Guide (Rev. 3.0)8/30/20072035 kB
VisualDSP++® 5.0 Product Release Bulletin (Rev. 3.0)8/30/2007774 kB
ICE-1000/ICE-2000 Emulator User’s Guide (Rev. 1.2)6/3/2014321 kB
HPUSB, USB, and HPPCI Emulator User’s Guide (Rev. 3.2)11/11/2009746 kB
ICE-100B Emulator User’s Guide (Rev. 1.1)11/11/2009348 kB
Blackfin Processor Family Product Highlight4/7/20082027 kB
Software & Systems Requirements
Software & Tools Anomalies
Software Development Tools
CrossCore® Embedded Studio
CCES is a world-class integrated development environment (IDE) for the ADI Blackfin®, SHARC® and Arm® processor families.
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.View our quality and reliability program and certifications for more information.
|Part Number||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||Pin/Package Drawing||CAD Symbols, Footprints & 3D Models|
|ADSP-BF518BBCZ-4F4||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||168-Ball CSPBGA (12mm x 12mm x 1.6mm)|
|Wafer Fabrication Data|
Select a model from the dropdown below to subscribe to PCN/PDN notifications and view past notifications as well.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Please see the latest communication from our CCO regarding lead times.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.