Features and Benefits
- Stereo, 24-bit analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog converters
- DAC SNR: 98 dB (A-weighted), THD: −80 dB at 48 kHz, 3.3 V
- ADC SNR: 90 dB (A-weighted), THD: −80 dB at 48 kHz, 3.3 V
- Highly efficient headphone amplifier
- Stereo line input and monaural microphone input
- Low power
- 7 mW stereo playback (1.8 V/1.8 V supplies)
- 14 mW record and playback (1.8 V/1.8 V supplies)
- Low supply voltages
- Analog: 1.8 V to 3.6 V
- Digital core: 1.8 V to 3.6 V
- Digital I/O: 1.8 V/3.6 V
- 256/384 oversampling rate in normal mode; 250/272 over-sampling rate in USB mode
- Audio sampling rates: 8 kHz, 11.025 kHz, 12 kHz, 16 kHz, 22.05 kHz, 24 kHz, 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, and 96 kHz
- 28-lead, 5 mm × 5 mm LFCSP package
The SSM2602 is a low power, high quality stereo audio codec for portable digital audio applications with one set of stereo programmable gain amplifier (PGA) line inputs and one monaural microphone input. It features two 24-bit analog-to-digital converter (ADC) channels and two 24-bit digital-to-analog (DAC) converter channels.
The SSM2602 can operate as a master or a slave. It supports various master clock frequencies, including 12 MHz or 24 MHz for USB devices; standard 256 fS or 384 fS based rates, such as 12.288 MHz and 24.576 MHz; and many common audio sampling rates, such as 96 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 48 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 32 kHz, 24 kHz, 22.05 kHz, 16 kHz, 12 kHz, 11.025 kHz, and 8 kHz.
The SSM2602 can operate at power supplies as low as 1.8 V for the analog circuitry and as low as 1.5 V for the digital circuitry. The maximum voltage supply is 3.6 V for all supplies.
The SSM2602 software-programmable stereo output options provide the user with many application possibilities because the device can be used as a headphone driver or as a speaker driver. Its volume control functions provide a large range of gain control of the audio signal.
The SSM2602 is specified over the industrial temperature range of −40°C to +85°C. It is available in a 28-lead, 5 mm × 5 mm lead frame chip scale package (LFCSP).
- Mobile phones
- MP3 players
- Portable gaming
- Portable electronics
- Educational toys
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
Software & Systems Requirements
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.