Features and Benefits
- Power-Down Mode Featuring Low CMOS Standby Power Dissipation with 200 CLKIN Cycle Recovery from Power-Down Condition
- 3-Bus Architecture Allows Dual Operand Fetches in Every Instruction Cycle
- Multifunction Instructions
- Single-Cycle Instruction Execution
- Single-Cycle Context Switch
- Low Power Dissipation in Idle Mode
- 12.5 ns Instruction Cycle Time @1.8 V (Internal), 80 MIPS Sustained Performance
The ADSP-218xN series consists of six single chip microcomputers optimized for digital signal processing applications. All series members are pin-compatible and are differentiated solely by the amount of on-chip SRAM. This feature combined with ADSP-21xx code compatibility provide a great deal of flexibility in the design decision. The ADSP-218xN series offers products from 2 MBits of SRAM to $3.50. Specifically, the series members are -
- ADSP-2184N (4K PM/4K DM)
- ADSP-2186N (8K PM/8K DM)
- ADSP-2185N (16K PM/16K DM)
- ADSP-2187N (32K PM/32K DM)
- ADSP-2189N (32K PM/48K DM)
- ADSP-2188N (48K PM/56K DM)
The ADSP-218xN series offers the highest performance (80Mhz/MIPS) and lowest power consumption (0.55mW/MIP @ 1.8V) within the ADSP-218x portfolio. All series members are offered in a 100-lead LQFP and 144-Ball MBGA packages.
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EZ-ICE® serial emulator system provides state-of-the-art emulation for the ADSP-218x family of processors by providing a controlled environment for observing, debugging, and testing activities in a target system. The EZ-ICE connects directly to the target processor through the emulation interface port. Its ease of use, full speed emulation and shielded board will ensure your design process runs smooth.
The debugger available for ADSP-218x EZ-ICE is Analog Devices' VisualDSP++ development environment. All software is sold separately.
Tel: 1-800-ANALOGD (262-5643)
For additional information, contact your local Analog Devices Sales Office or Distributor.
Features & Benefits
- Supports ADI's ADSP-218x family of processors
- High speed RS-232 serial port
- Shielded enclosure with reset switch accessibility
- I/O voltage setting confirmation LEDs
- Support for 2.5, 3.3, and 5.0 volt DSPs
- CE certified
Application Notes (62)
Software Manuals (9)
Software & Systems Requirements
Software & Tools Anomalies
Tools & Simulations
[IBIS Ver]2.1, [File Rev]2.0, [Date] 11/05/01
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.