Features and Benefits
- 3-Bus Architecture Allows Dual Operand Fetches in Every Instruction Cycle
- Power-Down Mode Featuring Low CMOS Standby Power Dissipation with 200 CLKIN Cycle Recovery from Power-Down Condition
- Multifunction Instructions
- 12.5 ns Instruction Cycle Time @1.8 V (Internal), 80 MIPS Sustained Performance
- Single-Cycle Instruction Execution
- Single-Cycle Context Switch
- Low Power Dissipation in Idle Mode
The ADSP-218xN series consists of six single chip microcomputers optimized for digital signal processing applications. All series members are pin-compatible and are differentiated solely by the amount of on-chip SRAM. This feature combined with ADSP-21xx code compatibility provide a great deal of flexibility in the design decision. Specifically, the series members are -
- ADSP-2184N (4K PM/4K DM)
- ADSP-2186N (8K PM/8K DM)
- ADSP-2185N (16K PM/16K DM)
- ADSP-2187N (32K PM/32K DM)
- ADSP-2189N (32K PM/48K DM)
- ADSP-2188N (48K PM/56K DM)
The ADSP-218xN series offers the highest performance (80Mhz/MIPS) and lowest power consumption (0.55mW/MIP @ 1.8V) within the ADSP-218x portfolio. All series members are offered in a 100-lead LQFP and 144-Ball MBGA packages.
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
Application Notes (63)
Software Manuals (9)
Software & Systems Requirements
Software & Tools Anomalies
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.