Features and Benefits
- 25 ns instruction cycle time (40 MIPS)
- 4K words of on-chip program RAM
- 4K words of on-chip data memory RAM
- 1.4 mA/MIPS
- 16-bit internal DMA port for high speed access to on-chip memory
- 8-bit DMA port to byte memory for transparent program and data memory transfers
- Byte memory interface for storage of data tables and program overlays
- Programmable memory strobe and separate I/O memory space permits "glueless" system
- ADSP-2100 Family code and function compatible
- 100-lead LQFP
The ADSP-2184 is a member of the ADSP-218x family. The ADSP-2184 is the lowest cost pin compatible device in the ADSP-218x family. It can be designed into systems the same way as all other ADSP-2100 devices. All previous ADSP-2100 code is code compatible to the ADSP-2184.
The ADSP-2184 combines the ADSP-2100 family base architecture (three computational units, data address generators and a program sequencer) with two serial ports, a 16-bit internal DMA port, a byte DMA port, a programmable timer, Flag I/O, and extensive interrupt capabilities.
- Algebraic assembly language supports C language-style constructs for easy programming
- 100-lead LQFP package provides for space and power savings (16mm x 16mm)
- On-chip RAM and 4 DMA ports make reprogramming easy
- 16-bit DMA port makes bus interfacing easier
- 5 sleep and powerdown modes maximize battery life
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
Evaluation Kits (2)
The EZ-ICE® serial emulator system provides state-of-the-art emulation for the ADSP-218x family of processors by providing a controlled environment for observing, debugging, and testing activities in a target system. The EZ-ICE connects directly to the target processor through the emulation interface port. Its ease of use, full speed emulation and shielded board will ensure your design process runs smooth.
The debugger available for ADSP-218x EZ-ICE is Analog Devices' VisualDSP++ development environment. All software is sold separately.
Tel: 1-800-ANALOGD (262-5643)
For additional information, contact your local Analog Devices Sales Office or Distributor.
Features & Benefits
- Supports ADI's ADSP-218x family of processors
- High speed RS-232 serial port
- Shielded enclosure with reset switch accessibility
- I/O voltage setting confirmation LEDs
- Support for 2.5, 3.3, and 5.0 volt DSPs
- CE certified
The ADSP-2189M EZ-KIT Lite provides developers with a cost-effective method for initial evaluation of the powerful ADSP-218x DSP family architecture. The ADSP-2189M EZ-KIT Lite includes a stand-alone ADSP-2189M DSP board and fundamental code generation debug software. With this EZ-KIT Lite, users can learn about DSP hardware and software development and evaluate potential applications of the ADSP-218X M family of DSPs. The ADSP-2189M EZ-KIT Lite provides an evaluation suite of the VisualDSP++ development environment with the C compiler, assembler, and linker. All software tools are limited to use with the EZ-KIT Lite product.
Demonstration programs shipped with this EZ-KIT Lite system include common signal processing algorithms such as convolution and Fibonacci calculations. Programs that demonstrate the use of the hardware features of the ADSP-2189M are provided including interrupts, overlays, timers and the on-board codec.
Tel: 1-800-ANALOGD (262-5643)
Application Notes (63)
Software Manuals (6)
Software & Systems Requirements
Software & Tools Anomalies
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.