Features and Benefits
- 19 ns Instruction Cycle Time from 26.32 MHz Crystal @ 3.3 Volts
- 52 MIPS Sustained Performance
- 80K Bytes of On-Chip RAM, Configured as 16K Words On-Chip Program Memory RAM and 16K Words On-Chip Data Memory RAM
- Dual Purpose Program Memory for Both Instruction and Data Storage
- ADSP-2100 Family Code Compatible, with Instruction Set Extensions
- 16-Bit Internal DMA Port for High Speed Access to On-Chip Memory
- 4 MByte Memory Interface for Storage of Data Tables and Program Overlays
- 8-Bit DMA to Byte Memory for Transparent Program and Data Memory Transfers
The ADSP-2183 is a single-chip microcomputer optimized for digital signal processing (DSP) and other high speed numeric processing applications.
The ADSP-2183 combines the ADSP-2100 family base architecture (three computational units, data address generators and a program sequencer) with two serial ports, a 16-bit internal DMA port, a byte DMA port, a programmable timer, Flag I/O, extensive interrupt capabilities, and on-chip program and data memory.
The ADSP-2183 integrates 80K bytes of on-chip memory configured as 16K words (24-bit) of program RAM, and 16K words (16-bit) of data RAM. Power-down circuitry is also provided to meet the low power needs of battery operated portable equipment. The ADSP-2183 is available in a 128-lead LQFP package.
In addition, the ADSP-2183 supports new instructions, which include bit manipulations-bit set, bit clear, bit toggle, bit test- new ALU constants, new multiplication instruction (x squared), biased rounding, result free ALU operations, I/O memory transfers and global interrupt masking, for increased flexibility.
Fabricated in a high speed, double metal, low power, CMOS process, the ADSP-2183 operates with a 19 ns instruction cycle time. Every instruction can execute in a single processor cycle.
The ADSP-2183's flexible architecture and comprehensive instruction set allow the processor to perform multiple operations in parallel. In one processor cycle the ADSP-2183 can:
- generate the next program address
- fetch the next instruction
- perform one or two data moves
- update one or two data address pointers
- perform a computational operation
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
Evaluation Kits (2)
The EZ-ICE® serial emulator system provides state-of-the-art emulation for the ADSP-218x family of processors by providing a controlled environment for observing, debugging, and testing activities in a target system. The EZ-ICE connects directly to the target processor through the emulation interface port. Its ease of use, full speed emulation and shielded board will ensure your design process runs smooth.
The debugger available for ADSP-218x EZ-ICE is Analog Devices' VisualDSP++ development environment. All software is sold separately.
Tel: 1-800-ANALOGD (262-5643)
For additional information, contact your local Analog Devices Sales Office or Distributor.
Features & Benefits
- Supports ADI's ADSP-218x family of processors
- High speed RS-232 serial port
- Shielded enclosure with reset switch accessibility
- I/O voltage setting confirmation LEDs
- Support for 2.5, 3.3, and 5.0 volt DSPs
- CE certified
The ADSP-2189M EZ-KIT Lite provides developers with a cost-effective method for initial evaluation of the powerful ADSP-218x DSP family architecture. The ADSP-2189M EZ-KIT Lite includes a stand-alone ADSP-2189M DSP board and fundamental code generation debug software. With this EZ-KIT Lite, users can learn about DSP hardware and software development and evaluate potential applications of the ADSP-218X M family of DSPs. The ADSP-2189M EZ-KIT Lite provides an evaluation suite of the VisualDSP++ development environment with the C compiler, assembler, and linker. All software tools are limited to use with the EZ-KIT Lite product.
Demonstration programs shipped with this EZ-KIT Lite system include common signal processing algorithms such as convolution and Fibonacci calculations. Programs that demonstrate the use of the hardware features of the ADSP-2189M are provided including interrupts, overlays, timers and the on-board codec.
Tel: 1-800-ANALOGD (262-5643)
Application Notes (64)
Software Manuals (5)
Software & Systems Requirements
Software & Tools Anomalies
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.