New Content (1)
Features and Benefits
- Integrated dual-channel RF front end
- 2-stage LNA and high power SPDT switch
- On-chip bias and matching
- Single-supply operation
- High gain mode: 35 dB typical at 2.3 GHz
- Low gain mode: 17 dB typical at 2.3 GHz
- Low noise figure
- High gain mode: 1.4 dB typical at 2.3 GHz
- Low gain mode: 1.4 dB typical at 2.3 GHz
- High isolation
- Between RxOUT-ChA and RxOUT-ChB: 50 dB typical
- Between TERM-ChA and TERM-ChB: 62 dB typical
- Low insertion loss: 0.6 dB typical at 2.3 GHz
- High power handling at TCASE = 105°C
- Full lifetime
- LTE average power (9 dB PAR): 40 dBm
- Single event (<10 sec operation)
- LTE average power (9 dB PAR): 43 dBm
- Full lifetime
- High OIP3: 32 dBm typical
- Power-down mode and low gain mode for LNA
- Low supply current
- High gain mode: 85 mA typical at 5V
- Low gain mode: 35 mA typical at 5 V
- Power-down mode: 12 mA typical at 5 V
- Positive logic control
- 6 mm × 6 mm, 40-lead LFCSP
The ADRF5549 is a dual-channel, integrated, RF front-end multichip module designed for time division duplexing (TDD) applications that operates from 1.8 GHz to 2.8 GHz. The ADRF5549 is configured in dual channels with a cascading, two-stage, low noise amplifier (LNA) and a high power, silicon single-pole, double-throw (SPDT) switch.
In high gain mode, the cascaded two-stage LNA and switch offer a low noise figure of 1.4 dB and a high gain of 35 dB with an output third-order intercept point (OIP3) of 32 dBm typical.
In low gain mode, one stage of the two-stage LNA is in bypass mode providing 17 dB of gain at a lower current of 35 mA. In power-down mode, the LNAs are turned off, and the device draws 12 mA.
In transmit operation, when RF inputs are connected to a termination pin (TERM-ChA or TERM-ChB), the switch provides a low insertion loss of 0.6 dB and handles a long-term evolution (LTE) full lifetime average (9 dB peak to average ratio (PAR)) of 40 dBm and 43 dBm for a 9 dB PAR LTE single event (<10 sec) average. The device comes in a RoHS-compliant, compact, 6 mm × 6 mm, 40-lead, lead frame chip-scale package (LFCSP).
- Wireless Infrastructure
- TDD massive multiple input and multiple output (MIMO) and active antenna systems
- TDD-based communication systems
Markets & Technology
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The ADRF5549 is an integrated, dual-channel receiver front end, ideally suited for time division duplexing (TDD) wireless infrastructure applications. The ADRF5549 consists of a high power switch and a two-stage low noise amplifier (LNA) on each channel.
This user guide describes the ADRF5549-EVALZ evaluation board, designed to easily evaluate the features and performance of the ADRF5549. A photograph of the evaluation board is shown in Figure 1.
The ADRF5549 and the ADRF5545A are pin compatible receiver front ends that cover different frequency bands and that use the same evaluation printed circuit board (PCB). However, the ADRF5545A requires a few external matching components (see UG-1589 for additional information).
The ADRF5549 data sheet provides full specifications for the ADRF5549. Consult the ADRF5549 data sheet in conjunction with this user guide when using the evaluation board.
Features & Benefits
- Full featured evaluation board for the ADRF5549
- Easy connection to test equipment
- Thru line for calibration
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.