Features and Benefits
- Integrated dual-channel RF front end
- 2-stage LNA and high power silicon SPDT switch
- On-chip bias and matching
- Single-supply operation
- High power handling at TCASE = 105°C
- LTE average power (9 dB PAR) full lifetime: 43 dBm
- High gain mode: 35 dB typical at 2.6 GHz
- Low gain mode: 14 dB typical at 2.6 GHz
- Low noise figure
- High gain mode: 1.0 dB typical at 2.6 GHz
- Low gain mode: 1.0 dB typical at 2.6 GHz
- High isolation
- RXOUT-CHA and RXOUT-CHB: 45 dB typical
- TERM-CHA and TERM-CHB: 60 dB typical
- Low insertion loss: 0.5 dB typical at 2.6 GHz
- High OIP3: 32 dBm typical
- Power-down mode and low gain mode
- Low supply current
- High gain mode: 110 mA typical at 5 V
- Low gain mode: 36 mA typical at 5 V
- Power-down mode: 12 mA typical at 5 V
- Positive logic control
- 6 mm × 6 mm, 40-lead LFCSP package
- Pin compatible with the ADRF5545A and ADRF5549 10 W versions
The ADRF5519 is a dual-channel, integrated RF, front-end multichip module designed for time division duplexing (TDD) applications that operates from 2.3 GHz to 2.8 GHz. The ADRF5519 is configured in dual channels with a cascading two stage low noise amplifier (LNA) and a high power silicon single pole, double-throw (SPDT) switch.
In high gain mode, the cascaded two-stage LNA and switch offer a low noise figure (NF) of 1.0 dB and a high gain of 35 dB at 2.6 GHz with an output third-order intercept point (OIP3) of 32 dBm (typical). In low gain mode, one stage of the two-stage LNA is in bypass, providing 14 dB of gain at a lower current of 36 mA. In power-down mode, the LNAs are turned off and the device draws 12 mA.
In transmit operation, RF inputs are connected to a termination pin (ANT-CHA or ANT-CHB connected to TERM-CHA or TERM-CHB, respectively). The switch provides a low insertion loss of 0.5 dB and handles a long-term evolution (LTE) average power (9 dB peak to average ratio (PAR)) of 43 dBm for full lifetime operation.
The device comes in a RoHS-compliant, compact, 6 mm × 6 mm, 40-lead LFCSP package.
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The ADRF5519 is an integrated, dual-channel, 2.3 GHz to 2.8 GHz, 20 W receiver front end ideally suited for time division duplexing (TDD) wireless infrastructure applications. The ADRF5519 consists of a high power switch and a two-stage low noise amplifier (LNA) on each channel.
This user guide describes the ADRF5519-EVALZ, designed to easily evaluate the features and performance of the ADRF5519. A photograph of the ADRF5519-EVALZ is shown in Figure 1.
The ADRF5519 data sheet provides full specifications for the ADRF5519. Consult the ADRF5519 data sheet in conjunction with this user guide when using the ADRF5519- EVALZ.
Features & Benefits
- Full featured evaluation board for the ADRF5519
- Easy connection to test equipment
- Thru line for calibration
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.