Features and Benefits
- Low noise: 11 μV rms independent of fixed output voltage
- PSRR of 88 dB at 10 kHz, 68 dB at 100 kHz, 50 dB at 1 MHz, VOUT = 5 V, VIN = 7 V
- Input voltage range: 2.7 V to 20 V
- Maximum output current: 200 mA
- Initial accuracy: ±0.8%
- Accuracy over line, load, and temperature ±1.8%, TJ = −40°C to +125°C
- Low dropout voltage: 200 mV (typical) at a 200 mA load, VOUT = 5 V
- User-programmable soft start
- Low quiescent current, IGND = 50 μA (typical) with no load
- Low shutdown current
- 1.8 μA at VIN = 5 V
- 3.0 μA at VIN = 20 V
- Stable with a small 2.2 μF ceramic output capacitor
- Fixed output voltage options: 1.8 V, 2.5 V, 3.3 V, and 5.0 V 15 standard voltages between 1.2 V and 5.0 V are available
- Adjustable output from 1.2 V to VIN – VDO, output can be adjusted above initial set point
- Precision enable
- 1 mm × 1.2 mm, 6-ball WLCSP
The ADP7112 is a CMOS, low dropout (LDO) linear regulator that operates from 2.7 V to 20 V and provides up to 200 mA of output current. This high input voltage LDO is ideal for the regulation of high performance analog and mixed signal circuits operating from 20 V down to 1.2 V rails. Using an advanced proprietary architecture, the device provides high power supply rejection, low noise, and achieves excellent line and load transient response with a small 2.2 µF ceramic output capacitor. The ADP7112 regulator output noise is 11 μV rms independent of the output voltage for the fixed options of 5 V or less.
The ADP7112 is available in 16 fixed output voltage options. The following voltages are available from stock: 1.2 V (adjustable), 1.8 V, 2.5 V, 3.3 V, and 5.0 V. Additional voltages available by special order are 1.5 V, 1.85 V, 2.0 V, 2.2 V, 2.75 V, 2.8 V, 2.85 V, 3.8 V, 4.2 V, and 4.6 V.
Each fixed output voltage can be adjusted above the initial set point with an external feedback divider. This allows the ADP7112 to provide an output voltage from 1.2 V to VIN − VDO with high PSRR and low noise.
User programmable soft start with an external capacitor is available in the ADP7112. The ADP7112 is available in a 6-ball 1 mm × 1.2mm WLCSP, making it a very compact solution.
- Regulation to noise sensitive applications
ADC, DAC circuits, precision amplifiers, power for
VCO VTUNE control
- Communications and infrastructure
- Medical and healthcare
- Industrial and instrumentation
Markets & Technology
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (2)
The ADP7112CB-EVALZ is an evaluation board used to demonstrate the functionality of the ADP7112 linear regulator.
Simple device measurements, such as line and load regulation, dropout voltage, and ground current, can be demonstrated with just a single voltage source, load resistors, and a voltmeter or an ammeter. For more details about the linear regulators, visit www.analog.com.
Complete specifications for the ADP7112 are available in the ADP7112 data sheet available from Analog Devices, Inc., and should be consulted in conjunction with this user guide when using the evaluation board.
Features & Benefits
- Input voltage range: 2.7 V to 20 V
- Output current range: 0 mA to 200 mA
- Output voltage initial accuracy: ±0.8%
- Operating temperature range: −40°C to +125°C
- Adjustable output voltage via two external resistors from any fixed output voltage option
The AD-96TOF1-EBZ is a proven hardware platform for depth perception. When paired with processor board from the 96Boards eco system, it can be used for 3D software and algorithm development. While the software and algorithms are being developed, the hardware design can be leveraged for productization. ADI can suggest 3rd party developers to help customize the platform to meet individual application needs.
Depending on customer preferences and development experience, different 96Boards processor boards can be used for overall system evaluation and custom development. There is also a Raspberry Pi interface available on the Mezzanine board for extra customer flexibility.
This solution offers the ability to be very small and low power while measuring depth at up to 6m distances, good outdoor and indoor performance and VGA resolution.
It can be used for applications like:
- Industrial automation
- SLAM (Simultaneous Localization and Mapping)
- Augmented Reality
- Virtual Reality
- Automotive sensing
Features & Benefits
The ADI ToF system uses a VGA CCD that enables the user to capture a 640x480 depth map of an image, providing up to 4x higher resolution than many other TOF systems on the market. This enables users to detect and measure the distance to smaller and thinner objects that would otherwise be invisible to other ToF systems. More information is included in our ToF technology page.
- Range: <6m
- FoV: 90° x 69.2°
- Wavelength 940nm
- Near: 25cm – 80cm
- Medium: 30cm – 4.5m
- Far: 3m – 6m
- Accuracy < 2% for all ranges
- Frame Rate: 30 fps max (dependent on application processor, OS and interface to host computer)
- Resolution: 640 x 480 pixels
- Multiple interface options to PC (USB, ETH, WiFi)
- ToF specific API for system control & data acquisition
- Operating system for Linux, Windows, Mac
- Complete open source software framework: wrappers for MATLAB®, Python, RobotOS
- Platform allows for software/algorithm development while hardware can be optimized
- 3rd Party network to help modify platform for individual production needs
Tools & Simulations
LTspice® is a powerful, fast and free simulation software, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of analog circuits.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
LTpowerCAD® is a power supply design program which selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop Bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export to LTspice for simulation.
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD:
Microsoft Excel download tool from ADIsimPower to generate a power supply design complete with a schematic, bill of materials, and performance specifications.
Solutions Bulletins & Brochures (2)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.