Features and Benefits
- Switching mode USB battery charger
- High accuracy and programmable charge terminal voltage and charge current
- 3 MHz buck for high efficiency and small footprint
- Tolerant input voltage from −0.5 V to +20 V (USB VVBUSx)
- Power path control allows system to operate with dead or missing battery
- Compliant with JEITA charge temperature specification
- Voltage-based state of charge (SOC) calculation algorithm
- Extra low quiescent current in sleep mode
- Battery impedance chemistry (Li-Ion) compensation
- Battery temperature compensation
- No need for external sense resistor
- Boost regulator with 5-channel LED driver
- Support up to 4 LED in series or in parallel
- 5 independent programmable LED current sinks
- 64 programmable LED current levels (up to 20 mA)
- Programmable on and off timer for LED blinking
- Adaptive headroom control to maximize the efficiency
- Three 150 mA linear LDO regulators
- Ultralow IQ with zero load at 1 μA typical for LDO1
- Optional load-switch full turn-on mode
- Full I2C programmability with dedicated interrupt pin
The ADP5350, a power management IC (PMIC), combines one high performance buck regulator for single Li-Ion/Li-Ion polymer battery charging, a fuel gauge, a highly programmable boost regulator for LED backlight illumination, and three 150 mA LDO regulators.
The ADP5350 operates in trickle charge mode and in constant current (CC) and constant voltage (CV) fast charge mode. It features an internal field effect transistor (FET) that permits battery isolation on the system power side.
The ADP5350 fuel gauge is a space-saving and low current consuming solution. It is optimal for rechargeable Li-Ion battery-powered devices, and features a voltage-based, battery SOC measurement function.
The ADP5350 boost regulator operates at a 1.5 MHz switching frequency. It can be operated as a constant voltage regulator or as a supplemental constant current regulator for multiple LED backlight drivers.
The ADP5350 LED drivers can support a wide range of LED backlight configurations, either multiple LEDs in parallel or in series.
The ADP5350 low dropout (LDO) regulators are optimized to operate at low shutdown current and quiescent current to extend battery life. The device also operates as a load switch that can be fully turned off or on.
The I2C-compatible interface enables the programmability of all parameters, including status bit readback for operation monitoring and safety control.
The ADP5350 operates over the −40°C to +125°C junction temperature range and is available in a 32-lead, 5 mm × 5 mm LFCSP package and a 32-ball, 3 mm × 3 mm WLCSP package.
- Rechargeable Li-Ion and Li-Ion polymer battery-powered devices
- Portable consumer devices
- Portable medical devices
- Portable instrumentation devices
- Wearable devices
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The ADP5350 combines one high performance buck regulator for single Li-ion/Li-ion polymer battery charging, a fuel gauge, a highly programmable boost regulator for LED backlight illumination, one ultralow quiescent current low dropout (LDO) regulator, and two general-purpose LDO regulators.
The ADP5350CP-EVALZ evaluation board supports an external USB dongle connection and the GUI software allows the user to evaluate the comprehensive functionalities provided by the I2C interface.
The ADP5350 operates over the −40°C to +125°C junction temperature range and is available in a 32-lead, 5mm × 5 mm LFCSP package.
Full details on the device are provided in the ADP5350 data sheet available from Analog Devices, Inc., and must be consulted in conjunction with this evaluation board user guide UG-1104.
Features & Benefits
- Input voltage 4.0 V to 5.38 V
- Full featured evaluation board for ADP5350
- Evaluation software and installation CD included
- Simple device measurements and demonstrable with
- A voltage supply
- A battery or battery simulator
- Load resistors or an electrical load
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.