Features and Benefits
- Flexible digital power factor correction (PFC) controller
- Single phase operation (ADP1047); interleaved and bridgeless operation (ADP1048)
- True rms ac power metering
- Enhanced dynamic response
- Optimized light load efficiency performance
Output voltage adjustment
- Inrush current control
- Switching frequency spread spectrum for improved EMI
- External frequency synchronization
- PMBus compliant
Programmable ac line fault detection and protection
Programmable output fault detection and protection
- Extensive fault protection for high reliability systems
- Frequency range from 30 kHz to 400 kHz
- 8 kB EEPROM
- Programming via easy-to-use graphical user interface (GUI)
The ADP1047/ADP1048 are digital power factor correction (PFC) controllers that provide accurate input power metering capability and inrush current control for ac/dc systems. The ADP1047 is designed for single phase PFC applications; the ADP1048 is designed especially for interleaved and bridgeless PFC applications.
The digital PFC function is based on a conventional boost PFC with multiplication of the output voltage feedback combined with the input current and voltage to provide optimum harmonic correction and power factor for ac/dc systems. All signals are converted into the digital domain to provide maximum flexibility; all key parameters can be reported and adjusted via the PMBus™ interface. The ADP1047/ADP1048 allow users to optimize system performance, maximize efficiency across the load range, and reduce design time to market.
The ADP1047/ADP1048 provide accurate rms measurement of input voltage, current, and power. This information can be reported to the microcontroller of the power supply via the PMBus interface.
- AC/DC power supplies for applications
Computing Server & Storage
Network and communication infrastructure
Industrial and Medical
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (3)
The evaluation board features a boost PFC topology operating at 100KHz switching frequency. Its output is rated at deliver 385V, 300W with a universal AC linput ranging from 85-265V. The board features the ADP1047 digital controller for offering power factor correction and accurate AC power metering. It also provides protection features like AC line fault protection, OCP and OVP.
Features & Benefits
- Boost PFC topology providing high power factor and low THD
- High efficiency(>95%)
- Protection features for AC line input and high voltage output
- Low component count
- Programmable response to faults
- Programmable inrush control
- Accurate AC Power Metering
- Test points for users to quickly and easily evaluate the key features of ADP1047
FLEXMC MOTOR CONTROL UNIVERSAL AC KIT
The FlexMC Motor Control Development PlatformTM is a rapid development system for any motor control solution. The FlexMC KitTM enables you to accelerate time-to-market and increase performance with powerful model-based design tools. The ADI/Boston Engineering solution combines hardware and software with out-of-the-box functionality for permanent magnet synchronous motor (PMSM) with hall sensor, encoder, or sensorless feedback.
The FlexMC Kit has the hardware and software required to spin the motor under open or closed loop speed control. With the FlexMC Kit, you model your system in MATLAB and Simulink, generate the C code, and then deploy. Utilizing system modeling and design concepts, the FlexMC Kit also contains libraries in MATLAB and Simulink for additional access to proven methodologies. The FlexMC Kit hardware includes a PMSM motor with encoder and a Boston Engineering universal AC input drive board that connects directly to an Analog Devices ADSP-CM408 Mixed-Signal Control Processor EZ Kit. Users can prototype with PC power using MATLAB and Simulink, then deploy with the FlexMC Kit. Easy connection to motors and the ADSP-CM408 EZ Kit make this system perfect for your prototyping needs.
Universal AC Kit Contents
- Universal AC Voltage Motor Control Board, 95-250VAC, 400W
- 3-phase Brushless PMSM
- Quadrature Incremental Encoder'
- SOLD SEPERATELY: ADSP-CM408 EZ-KIT
- Simulink Libraries
- C Libraries
- Demo Application
Note: The FlexMC Motor Control Universal AC Kit is manufactured, distributed and supported by Boston Engineering (BE) exclusively. BE assumes all responsibility for the proper installation and operation of the kit.
Features & BenefitsThe FlexMC Kit enables users to:
- Model and implement motor control algorithms rapidly with sensored and sensorless operation
- Minimize setup time with out-of-the-box functionality and begin testing quickly
- Leverage the high-performance modeling environment to develop, debug, and test new control loops
- Prototype rapidly and then deploy with the FlexMC Kit
The USB to I2C interface is used for communicating between a digital power management device (like the ADP1043A) and the configuration software that runs on a computer. It also supplies 5V and 0.5A to power up the daughter card / evaluation boards.
This same USB to I2C interface connector is used for the ADP1043A, ADP1047, ADP1048, and other digital power management devices.
Software & Systems Requirements
Power Reference Designs (1)
Press Releases (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.