New Content (2)
Features and Benefits
- 5 kV rms LVDS isolator
- Complies with TIA/EIA-644-A LVDS standard
- Multiple dual-channel configurations
- Any data rate up to 1.1 Gbps switching with low jitter
- 4 ns typical propagation delay
- 2.6 ps rms typical random jitter
- 90 ps typical peak-to-peak total jitter at 1.1 Gbps
- 2.5 V or 3.3 V supplies
- −75 dBc power supply ripple rejection
- Glitch immunity
- ±8 kV IEC 61000-4-2 ESD protection across isolation barrier
- High common-mode transient immunity: >25 kV/μs
- Passes EN 55022 Class B radiated emissions limits with 1.1 Gbps PRBS (pending)
- UL (pending): 5000 V rms for 1 minute per UL 1577
- CSA Component Acceptance Notice 5A (pending)
- VDE certificate of conformity (pending)
- DIN V VDE V 0884-10 (VDE V 0884-10):2006-12
- VIORM = 424 VPEAK
- Operating temperature range: −40°C to +125°C
- 7.8 mm creepage and clearance
The ADN46541 is a signal isolated, low voltage differential signaling (LVDS) buffer that operates at up to 1.1 Gbps with low jitter.
The devices integrate Analog Devices, Inc., iCoupler® technology, enhanced for high speed operation to provide galvanic isolation of the TIA/EIA-644-A compliant LVDS drivers and receivers. iCoupler technology allows drop-in isolation of an LVDS signal chain.
For high speed operation with low jitter, the LVDS and isolator circuits rely on a 2.5 V supply. An integrated on-chip low dropout (LDO) regulator can provide the required 2.5 V from an external 3.3 V power supply. The device is fully specified over a wide industrial temperature range and is available in a 20-lead, wide body SOIC_W package with 5 kV rms isolation.
- Isolated video and imaging data
- Analog front-end isolation
- Data plane isolation
- Isolated high speed clock and data links
1 Protected by U.S. Patents 5,952,849; 6,873,065; 6,903,578; and 7,075,329. Other patents are pending.
Markets & Technology
Instrumentation & Measurement
- Precision Signal Analyzers
- Precision Measurement
- Power Circuits for Instrumentation
- Parametric Measurement
- Oscilloscopes and Digitizers
- Instrumenting 5G
- Impedance Measurement and Analysis
- DC Sources and Power Supplies
- Data Acquisition
- Communications Test Equipment
- Electronic Test & Measurement
- Battery Formation & Test
- Automated Test Equipment
- Industrial Automation Technology (IAT)
- Building Technology
- Aerospace and Defense
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-ADN4654EB1Z allows quick and easy evaluation of the ADN4654 low voltage differential signaling (LVDS) isolator without the need for external components. The ADN4654 employs Analog Devices, Inc., iCoupler® technology to combine a 2-channel isolator with an LVDS receiver and driver into a single, 20-lead wide body SOIC package. The device is capable of running at data rates of up to 1.1 Gbps with low jitter.
The evaluation board has separate ground and power planes for each side of the isolator. This separation enables the evaluation of the ADN4654 with galvanic isolation between both sides of the device. Jumper-selectable power supplies at 3.3 V or 2.5 V are required on each side of the ADN4654 device. Using an on-chip low dropout (LDO) regulator, 2.5 V can be provided from an external 3.3 V power supply.
Complete information about the ADN4654 is available in the ADN4654 data sheet. Consult this data sheet in conjunction with this user guide when using the evaluation board.
Features & Benefits
- Isolated ground planes (logic side and bus side)
- Convenient connections through SMA terminals
- 3.3 V or 2.5 V power on Side 1 (VIN1 and VDD1) and Side 2 (VIN2 and VDD2)
- Ground on Side 1 (GND1) and ground on Side 2 (GND2)
- LVDS input signals: DIN1+, DIN1−, DIN2+, DIN2−
- LVDS output signals: DOUT1+, DOUT1−, DOUT2+, DOUT2−
- Jumper-selectable power supply of 3.3 V or 2.5 V
- Termination resistors on all LVDS drivers and receivers
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.