New Content (1)
Features and Benefits
- 5 kV rms and 3.75 kV rms LVDS isolators
- Complies with TIA/EIA-644-A LVDS standard
- Multiple dual-channel configurations
- Any data rate up to 1.1 Gbps switching with low jitter
- 4 ns typical propagation delay
- 2.6 ps rms typical random jitter, rms
- 90 ps typical peak-to-peak total jitter at 1.1 Gbps
- 2.5 V or 3.3 V supplies
- −75 dBc power supply ripple rejection, phase spur level
- Glitch immunity
- ±8 kV IEC 61000-4-2 ESD protection across isolation barrier
- High common-mode transient immunity: >25 kV/μs
- Passes EN 55022 Class B radiated emissions limits with 1.1 Gbps PRBS
- Safety and regulatory approvals (20-lead SOIC_W package)
- UL (pending): 5000 V rms for 1 minute per UL 1577
- CSA Component Acceptance Notice 5A (pending)
- VDE certificate of conformity (pending)
- DIN V VDE V 0884-10 (VDE V 0884-10):2006-12
- VIORM = 424 VPEAK
- Fail-safe output high for open, short, and terminated input conditions (ADN4655/ADN4656)
- Operating temperature range: −40°C to +125°C
- 7.8 mm minimum creepage and clearance
The ADN4654/ADN4655/ADN46561 are signal isolated, low voltage differential signaling (LVDS) buffers that operate at up to 1.1 Gbps with low jitter. The devices integrate Analog Devices, Inc., iCoupler® technology, enhanced for high speed operation to provide galvanic isolation of the TIA/EIA-644-A compliant LVDS drivers and receivers. This integration allows drop-in isolation of an LVDS signal chain.
The ADN4654/ADN4655/ADN4656 comprise multiple channel configurations, and the LVDS receivers on the ADN4655 and ADN4656 include a fail-safe mechanism to ensure a Logic 1 on the corresponding LVDS driver output when the inputs are floating, shorted, or terminated but not driven.
For high speed operation with low jitter, the LVDS and isolator circuits rely on a 2.5 V supply. An integrated on-chip low dropout (LDO) regulator can provide the required 2.5 V from an external 3.3 V power supply. The devices are fully specified over a wide industrial temperature range and come in a 20-lead, wide body SOIC_W package with 5 kV rms isolation or in a 20-lead SSOP package with 3.75 kV rms isolation.
- Isolated video and imaging data
- Analog front-end isolation
- Data plane isolation
- Isolated high speed clock and data links
1 Protected by U.S. Patents 5,952,849; 6,873,065; 6,903,578; and 7,075,329. Other patents are pending.
Markets and Technologies
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-ADN4654EB1Z, the EVAL-ADN4655EB1Z, and the EVAL-ADN4656EB1Z allow quick and easy evaluation of the ADN4654/ADN4655/ADN4656 low voltage, differential signaling (LVDS) isolators without the need for external components. The ADN4654/ADN4655/ADN4656 employ Analog Devices, Inc., iCoupler® technology to combine a 2-channel isolator with an LVDS receiver and driver into a single, 20-lead wide body SOIC package. The devices are capable of running at data rates of up to 1.1 Gbps with low jitter.
The evaluation boards have separate ground and power planes for each side of the isolator. This separation enables the evaluation of the ADN4654/ADN4655/ADN4656 with galvanic isolation between both sides of the device. Jumper-selectable power supplies at 3.3 V or 2.5 V are required on each side of the ADN4654/ADN4655/ADN4656 device. Using an on-chip, low dropout (LDO) regulator, 2.5 V can be provided from an external 3.3 V power supply.
Complete information about the ADN4654/ADN4655/ADN4656 is available in the ADN4654/ADN4655/ADN4656 data sheet. Consult this data sheet in conjunction with this user guide when using the evaluation boards.
Features & Benefits
- Isolated ground planes (logic side and bus side)
- Convenient connections through SMA terminals
- 3.3 V or 2.5 V power on Side 1 (VIN1 and VDD1) and Side 2 (VIN2 and VDD2)
- Ground on Side 1 (GND1) and ground on Side 2 (GND2)
- LVDS input signals: DIN1+, DIN1−, DIN2+, DIN2−
- LVDS output signals: DOUT1+, DOUT1−, DOUT2+, DOUT2−
- Jumper-selectable power supply of 3.3 V or 2.5 V
- Termination resistors on all LVDS drivers and receivers
Tools & Simulations
Safety and Regulatory Compliance (1)
Product Selection Guide (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.