Features and Benefits
- Integration of an upconverter (a transmitter), a downconverter (a receiver), and a LO chain with options of a 2× or 4× multiplier in one chip
- RF frequency range: 24 GHz to 29.5 GHz
- LO input frequency range:
8 GHz to 15 GHz for x2 mode, 5 GHz to 7.5 GHz for x4 mode
- Fully characterized with 5G NR, WiFi 5, WiFi 6, and CPE UL waveforms
- Complex IF operation (IF mode) with optional on-chip hybrid
- Direct conversion of differential baseband I/Q (baseband mode)
- Programmable baseband I/Q common-mode voltage
- Common-mode input pin to track desired common mode, 0 V to 1.5 V voltage range
- Optional on-chip RF switch port between the transmitter and the receiver
- Matched, 50 Ω impedance, single-ended RF input and output, and RF switch port
- Matched, 50 Ω impedance single-ended LO input
- Low phase variation vs. gain control
- Upconversion mode
- Sideband rejection and carrier feedthrough optimization
- Envelope detector for LO feedthrough calibration
- Downconversion mode
- Image rejection and I/Q imbalance optimization
- Baseband I/Q dc offset correction
- Receiver mixer power detector for receiver gain setting
- LO chain features
- Variable gain to accommodate the various LO drive strength values
- 360° phase control shifter for LO synchronization
- Programmable LO harmonic reject filter
- I/Q phase correction
- Fast TDD switching time via external pins
- Calibration probes for array calibration
- Programmable via a 3-wire or 4-wire SPI, compatible with ADMV4828 interface
- 131-ball, 6 mm × 6.5 mm, BGA package
The ADMV1128 is a silicon on isolator (SOI), microwave, upconverter and downconverter optimized for 5G radio designs operating in the 24 GHz to 29.5 GHz frequency range.
Both upconverters and downconverters offer two modes of frequency translation. One mode is conversion from and/or to single-ended or complex intermediate frequency (IF) signals, which then pass through an on-chip 90° IF hybrid, known as IF mode.
The other mode is a direct conversion from and/or to differential baseband inphase/quadrature (I/Q) inputs and outputs, known as baseband mode. The I/Q baseband output common-mode voltage is programmable between 0 V and 1.5 V. The SPI provides fine adjustment of the quadrature phase to optimize I/Q demodulation performance.
When the device is used as an image rejecting downconverter, the unwanted image term is typically rejected to 24 dBc, before calibration. The ADMV1128 offers a square law power detector to allow monitoring of the power levels at the mixer inputs of the downconverter.
The RF receive input, RF transmit output, and local oscillator (LO) interface are all single-ended and matched to 50 Ω. The on-chip RF switch provides the option to combine the transmit and receive RF ports together for time division duplex (TDD) applications.
The serial port interface (SPI) provides adjustment of the quadrature phase to allow optimum sideband rejection. In addition, the SPI allows powering down the output envelope detector to reduce power consumption when carrier feedthrough optimization is not necessary.
The ADMV1128 upconverter and downconverter is housed in a compact, thermally enhanced, 6 mm × 6.5 mm, ball grid array (BGA) package. This BGA package enables the ability to heat sink the ADMV1128 from the top of the package for the most efficient thermal heat sinking. The ADMV1128 operates over the −40°C to +95°C TC range.
- Millimeter-wave 5G applications
- Point to point microwave radios
- Radar and electronic warfare systems
- Instrumentation and automatic test equipment (ATE)
For more information please contact ADI at mmWave5G@analog.com
Product Lifecycle Not Recommended for New Designs
This designates products ADI does not recommend broadly for new designs.
Documentation & Resources
RF, Microwave, and Millimeter Wave Product Selection Guide7/13/20189M
5G mmW RF Front-End ICs 24 GHz to 48.2 GHz9/15/20224 M
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.View our quality and reliability program and certifications for more information.
|Part Number||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||Pin/Package Drawing||CAD Symbols, Footprints & 3D Models|
|ADMV1128BBCZ||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||CHIP SCALE BGA|
|Wafer Fabrication Data|
Select a model from the dropdown below to subscribe to PCN/PDN notifications and view past notifications as well.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Please see the latest communication from our CCO regarding lead times.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.