Features and Benefits
- Ultralow power consumption with ICC = 92 nA (typical)
- Continuous monitoring with no blank time
- Pretrimmed voltage monitoring threshold options
- 10 options from 2 V to 4.63 V for the ADM8611
- 20 options from 0.5 V to 1.9 V for the ADM8612/ADM8615
- 5 options from 2.32 V to 4.63 V for the ADM8613/ADM8614
- ±1.3% threshold accuracy over full temperature range
- Manual reset input (ADM8611/ADM8612/ADM8613/ADM8615)
- 200 ms (typical) reset timeout
- Low voltage input monitoring down to 0.5 V (ADM8612/ ADM8615)
- Watchdog timer (ADM8613/ADM8614/ADM8615)
- Watchdog function disable input (ADM8613/ADM8614 only)
- Watchdog timeout extension input (ADM8614 only)
- Active low, open-drain RESET output
- Power supply glitch immunity
- Available in a 1.46 mm × 0.96 mm WLCSP
- Operational temperature range: −40°C to +85°C
The ADM8611/ADM8612/ADM8613/ADM8614/ADM8615 are voltage supervisory circuits that monitor power supply voltage levels and code execution integrity in microprocessor-based systems. Apart from providing power-on reset signals, an on-chip watchdog timer can reset the microprocessor if it fails to strobe within a preset timeout period. A reset signal can also be asserted by an external push-button through a manual reset input.
The ultralow power consumption of these devices makes them suitable for power efficiency sensitive systems, such as battery-powered portable devices and energy meters.
The features of each member of the device family are shown in Table 9 in the data sheet. Each device subdivides into submodels with differences in factory preset voltage monitoring threshold options. In the range of 2 V to 4.63 V, 10 options are available for the ADM8611. In the range of 2.32 V to 4.63 V, five options are available for both the ADM8613 and ADM8614. A separate supply input allows the ADM8612 and ADM8615 to monitor 20 different low voltage levels from 0.5 V to 1.9 V. Not all device options are available as standard models.
The ADM8611, ADM8612, ADM8613, and ADM8615 can reset on demand through the manual reset input. The watchdog function on the ADM8613, ADM8614, and ADM8615 monitors the heartbeat of the microprocessor through the WDI pin. The ADM8613 and ADM8614 have a watchdog disable input, which allows the user to disable the watchdog function, if required. The ADM8614 also has a watchdog timeout extension input, allowing the watchdog timeout to be extended from 1.6 sec to 100 sec.
The ADM8611/ADM8612/ADM8613/ADM8614/ADM8615 are available in a 6-ball, 1.46 mm × 0.96 mm WLCSP. These devices are specified over the temperature range of −40°C to +85°C.
- Portable/battery-operated equipment
- Microprocessor systems
- Energy metering
- Energy harvesting
Markets and Technologies
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The ADM8611-EVALZ/ADM8612-EVALZ/ADM8613-EVALZ/ADM8614-EVALZ/ADM8615-EVALZ boards demonstrate the ADM8611/ADM8612/ADM8613/ADM8614/ADM8615 with the features summarized in Table 1 of the user guide. These ultra low power voltage supervisors monitor the input voltage level and compare it against an internal reference.
Full details about the ADM8611/ADM8612/ADM8613/ADM8614/ADM8615 are available in the product data sheet, which must be consulted in conjunction with this user guide when using the ADM8611-EVALZ/ ADM8612-EVALZ/ADM8613-EVALZ/ADM8614-EVALZ/ADM8615-EVALZ.
Features & Benefits
- Pretrimmed voltage monitoring threshold
- 2.63 V for ADM8611-EVALZ with ±1.3% accuracy
- 1.10 V for ADM8612-EVALZ with ±1.4% accuracy
- 2.32 V for ADM8613-EVALZ with ±1.3% accuracy
- 2.63 V for ADM8614-EVALZ with ±1.3% accuracy
- 1.00 V for ADM8615-EVALZ with ±1.6% accuracy
- Manual reset (MR#) pin for input condition override (all boards except ADM8614-EVALZ)
- Separate voltage supply (VCC) and input pin (INPUT) for low voltage monitoring (ADM8612-EVALZ/ADM8615-EVALZ)
- Watchdog timer input (WDI) pin for monitoring an external microprocessor (ADM8613-EVALZ/ADM8614-EVALZ/ADM8615-EVALZ)
- Watchdog disable input (WD_DIS) pin (ADM8613-EVALZ/ADM8614-EVALZ)
- Watchdog timeout selection input (WDT_SEL) pin for extending the timer period (ADM8614-EVALZ)
- Built in tact switch (JP1) for input condition override (all boards except ADM8614-EVALZ)
- Built in LED for output monitoring
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.