Features and Benefits
- Triaxial, digital gyroscope, ±450°/sec dynamic range
- ±0.05° orthogonal alignment error
- 5.1°/hr in-run bias stability
- 0.26°/√hr angular random walk
- 0.01% nonlinearity
- Triaxial, digital accelerometer, ±18 g
- Triaxial, delta angle and delta velocity outputs
- Triaxial, digital magnetometer, ±2.5 gauss
- Digital pressure sensor, 300 mbar to 1100 mbar
- Fast start-up time, ~500 ms
- Factory-calibrated sensitivity, bias, and axial alignment
- Calibration temperature range: −40°C to +85°C
- SPI-compatible serial interface
- Embedded temperature sensor
- Programmable operation and control
- Automatic and manual bias correction controls
- 4 FIR filter banks, 120 configurable taps
- Digital input/output: data-ready alarm indicator, external clock
- Alarms for condition monitoring
- Power-down/sleep mode for power management
- Optional external sample clock input: up to 2.4 kHz
- Single command self test
- Single-supply operation: 3.0 V to 3.6 V
- 2000 g shock survivability
- Operating temperature range: −55°C to +105°C (CML)
The ADIS16488A iSensor® device is a complete inertial system that includes a triaxis gyroscope, a triaxis accelerometer, triaxis magnetometer, and pressure sensor. Each inertial sensor in the ADIS16488A combines industry-leading iMEMS® technology with signal conditioning that optimizes dynamic performance. The factory calibration characterizes each sensor for sensitivity, bias, alignment, and linear acceleration (gyroscope bias). As a result, each sensor has its own dynamic compensation formulas that provide accurate sensor measurements.
The ADIS16488A provides a simple, cost-effective method for integrating accurate, multiaxis inertial sensing into industrial systems, especially when compared with the complexity and investment associated with discrete designs. All necessary motion testing and calibration are part of the production process at the factory, greatly reducing system integration time. Tight orthogonal alignment simplifies inertial frame alignment in navigation systems. The SPI and register structure provide a simple interface for data collection and configuration control.
The ADIS16488A uses the same footprint and connector system as the ADIS16375, ADIS16480, and ADIS16485, which greatly simplifies the upgrade process. The ADIS16488A is packaged in a module that is approximately 47 mm × 44 mm × 14 mm and includes a standard connector interface.
- Platform stabilization and control
- Personnel tracking
Markets and Technologies
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (3)
This adaptor board allows for easy plug and play connection of Analog Devices Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) devices to the Raspberry Pi platform, providing application and software development.
There are two ways in which to connect your IMU to this adaptor board.
- Direct board mounting using the screws and mounting locations provided.
- Mount the IMU to a separate ADIS16IMU1/PCBZ or ADIS16IMU4/PCBZ breakout board and use the flexible 16-position ribbon cable to the EVAL-ADISIMU1-RPIZ.
This helps both software development as well as enabling real world application verification with the ability to physically move the sensor.
Features & Benefits
- Simplifies software and application prototyping of IMU’s on Raspberry Pi Platform
- Direct mounting for software development
- Ribbon cable mounting for application testing and verification
- Connects to ADIS16IMU1/PCBZ and ADIS16IMU4/PCBZ compatible IMU devices
- Connectable to Raspberry Pi 3B+ and 4 through the 40pin GPIO connector
The EVAL-ADIS-FX3 is the latest addition to the iSensor evaluation portfolio and was designed from the ground up to provide users with an easy-to-use solution for capturing reliable inertial data in lab and characterization environments. The EVAL-ADIS-FX3 incorporates the ability to capture inertial sensor data at maximum throughput while interfacing with external test equipment and reacting to external triggers.
In addition to launching a redesigned hardware platform, we’ve also developed a robust API that allows users to quickly build custom applications that capture reliable sensor data. We’ve included many useful features into the API that enable designers to characterize sensor performance in any .NET compatible environment.
- Inertial sensing
- Autonomous driving
- Platform stabilization
Features & Benefits
- Real-time sampling of IMU at full sample rate with no loss of data guaranteed.
- No external power needed. (Can be powered from USB port.)
- Completely open source API, Firmware, and Evaluation GUI.
- Schematics available
- API includes a wrapper library for interfacing to MATLAB, Python, LabView.
The ADIS16IMU1/PCBZ is a breakout board for many of the ADIS16xxx IMU and gyroscope products. It provides a series of tapped M2x0.4mm machine screw holes to support direct-mounting with several different package styles, along with a 16-pin, dual-row, 2mm connect interface that supports simple connection with remote processor boards, using up to 12 inches of a 1mm ribbon cable.
Documentation & Resources
Sensor Fusion Approach to Precision Location and Tracking for First Responders7/1/2016
Designing for Low Noise Feedback Control with MEMS Gyroscopes3/1/2016
Anticipating and Managing Critical Noise Sources In MEMS Gyroscopes10/1/2015
The Basics of MEMS IMU/Gyroscope Alignment6/1/2015 Analog Dialogue
Wirelessly Linking the Aerospace and Defense World4/1/2015
Enabling Next-Generation Avionics Systems8/1/2014
The Battle Between MEMS and FOGs for Precision Guidance1/1/2013
INS Faceoff: MEMS vs FOGs, InsideGNSS, July/Aug 20127/1/2012
Precision Inertial Sensing for Demanding Applications10/15/2018
MEMS Based Inertial Measurement Units10/15/2018
Software & Systems Requirements
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.View our quality and reliability program and certifications for more information.
|Part Number||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||Pin/Package Drawing||CAD Symbols, Footprints & 3D Models|
|ADIS16488BMLZ||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||4-Lead Module with Connector Interface (44mm x 42.6mm x 14mm w/EP)|
|ADIS16488CMLZ||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||4-Lead Module with Connector Interface (44mm x 42.6mm x 14mm w/EP)|
|Wafer Fabrication Data|
Select a model from the dropdown below to subscribe to PCN/PDN notifications and view past notifications as well.
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Please see the latest communication from our CCO regarding lead times.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.