New Content (2)
Frequently Asked QuestionsFAQ: Gyroscope In-Run Bias Stability (EngineerZone™)
Features and Benefits
- Triaxial, digital gyroscope, ±450°/sec dynamic range
- ±0.05° orthogonal alignment error
- 5.1°/hr in-run bias stability
- 0.26°/√hr angular random walk
- 0.01% nonlinearity
- Triaxial, digital accelerometer, ±18 g
- Triaxial, delta angle and delta velocity outputs
- Triaxial, digital magnetometer, ±2.5 gauss
- Digital pressure sensor, 300 mbar to 1100 mbar
- Fast start-up time, ~500 ms
- Factory-calibrated sensitivity, bias, and axial alignment
- Calibration temperature range: −40°C to +85°C
- SPI-compatible serial interface
- Embedded temperature sensor
- Programmable operation and control
- Automatic and manual bias correction controls
- 4 FIR filter banks, 120 configurable taps
- Digital input/output: data-ready alarm indicator, external clock
- Alarms for condition monitoring
- Power-down/sleep mode for power management
- Optional external sample clock input: up to 2.4 kHz
- Single command self test
- Single-supply operation: 3.0 V to 3.6 V
- 2000 g shock survivability
- Operating temperature range: −55°C to +105°C (CML)
The ADIS16488A iSensor® device is a complete inertial system that includes a triaxis gyroscope, a triaxis accelerometer, triaxis magnetometer, and pressure sensor. Each inertial sensor in the ADIS16488A combines industry-leading iMEMS® technology with signal conditioning that optimizes dynamic performance. The factory calibration characterizes each sensor for sensitivity, bias, alignment, and linear acceleration (gyroscope bias). As a result, each sensor has its own dynamic compensation formulas that provide accurate sensor measurements.
The ADIS16488A provides a simple, cost-effective method for integrating accurate, multiaxis inertial sensing into industrial systems, especially when compared with the complexity and investment associated with discrete designs. All necessary motion testing and calibration are part of the production process at the factory, greatly reducing system integration time. Tight orthogonal alignment simplifies inertial frame alignment in navigation systems. The SPI and register structure provide a simple interface for data collection and configuration control.
The ADIS16488A uses the same footprint and connector system as the ADIS16375, ADIS16480, and ADIS16485, which greatly simplifies the upgrade process. The ADIS16488A is packaged in a module that is approximately 47 mm × 44 mm × 14 mm and includes a standard connector interface.
- Platform stabilization and control
- Personnel tracking
Markets & Technology
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (2)
The EVAL-ADIS2 system provides a Windows-compatible evaluation system for most iSensor (ADIS16xxx) products. It comes with several application packages that run on Windows XP, Vista and 7 systems, using either 32-bit or 64-bit USB drivers. The standard 16-pin interface provides the connection path to all iSensor breakout boards (ADIS16xxx/PCBZ). Device-under-test (DUT) power can come from the USB (+3.3V, +5V selectable options) or an external power supply. For those who are familiar with the predecessor system (EVAL-ADIS), the EVAL-ADIS2 provides a number of key advancements including support for longer cabling to the DUT and operation over a wider temperature range (-40°C to +85°C)
Features & Benefits
- PC-USB Inertial MEMS Evaluation System
- Windows XP, Vista and 7 with 32-bit and 64-bit driver support
- IMU and Vibration Evaluation software packages
- Compatible with most ADIS1613x, ADIS162xx, ADIS163xx, ADIS164xx devices
- Synchronous Data Capture at maximum sample rates
- Register access for device configuration and validation
- Standard, 16-pin ribbon cable interface with all ADIS16xxx breakout boards.
- Up to 2m of separation with DUT
The ADIS16IMU1/PCBZ is a breakout board for many of the ADIS16xxx IMU and gyroscope products. It provides a series of tapped M2x0.4mm machine screw holes to support direct-mounting with several different package styles, along with a 16-pin, dual-row, 2mm connect interface that supports simple connection with remote processor boards, using up to 12 inches of a 1mm ribbon cable.
Features & Benefits
- Simplify prototype connection of many ADIS16xxx devices to existing embedded processor systems.
- Necessary to connect some ADIS16xxx devices to the EVAL-ADIS2 evaluation system.
- Comes with a kit of M2x0.4 machine screws and hardware to simplify DUT attachment.
Software & Systems Requirements
Technical Articles (7)
Analog Dialogue (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.