Features and Benefits
- Triaxial, digital gyroscope
- ±125°/sec, ±500°/sec, ±2000°/sec range models
- 2°/hr in-run bias stability (ADIS16477-1)
- 0.15°/√hr angle random walk (ADIS16477-1 and ADIS16477-2)
- ±0.1° axis-to-axis misalignment error
- Triaxial, digital accelerometer, ±40 g
- 13 μg in-run bias stability
- Triaxial, delta angle and delta velocity outputs
- Factory calibrated sensitivity, bias, and axial alignment
- Calibration temperature range: −40°C to +85°C
- SPI compatible data communications
- Programmable operation and control
- Automatic and manual bias correction controls
- Data ready indicator for synchronous data acquisition
- External sync modes: direct, pulse, scaled, and output
- On demand self test of inertial sensors
- On demand self test of flash memory
- Single-supply operation (VDD): 3.0 V to 3.6 V
- 2000 g mechanical shock survivability
- Operating temperature range: −40°C to +105°C
The ADIS16477 is a precision, miniature MEMS inertial measurement unit (IMU) that includes a triaxial gyroscope and a triaxial accelerometer. Each inertial sensor in the ADIS16477 combines with signal conditioning that optimizes dynamic performance. The factory calibration characterizes each sensor for sensitivity, bias, alignment, linear acceleration (gyroscope bias), and point of percussion (accelerometer location). As a result, each sensor has dynamic compensation formulas that provide accurate sensor measurements over a broad set of conditions.
The ADIS16477 provides a simple, cost effective method for integrating accurate, multiaxis inertial sensing into industrial systems, especially when compared with the complexity and investment associated with discrete designs. All necessary motion testing and calibration are part of the production process at the factory, greatly reducing system integration time. Tight orthogonal alignment simplifies inertial frame alignment in navigation systems. The serial peripheral interface (SPI) and register structure provide a simple interface for data collection and configuration control.
The ADIS16477 is available in a 44-ball, ball grid array (BGA) package that is approximately 11 mm × 15 mm × 11 mm.
- Navigation, stabilization, and instrumentation
- Unmanned and autonomous vehicles
- Smart agriculture/construction machinery
- Factory/industrial automation, robotics
- Virtual/augmented reality
- Internet of Moving Things
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (2)
The ADIS16477-x/PCBZ breakout boards provide a convenient method for establishing a prototype connection between each ADIS16477 IMU model and an embedded processor platform. Each ADIS16477-x/PCBZ breakout board connects to J1 on the EVAL-ADIS2 evaluation system, as well.
Features & Benefits
- Small size: 33.25mm x 30.75mm
- Convenient connector: 16-pin (2x8), 2mm-pitch
- Mounting holes (2.3mm diameter) in each corner (4x)
- ADIS16477-1/PCBZ includes an ADIS16477-1BMLZ IMU
- ADIS16477-2/PCBZ includes an ADIS16477-2BMLZ IMU
- ADIS16477-3/PCBZ includes an ADIS16477-3BMLZ IMU
The EVAL-ADIS-FX3 is the latest addition to the iSensor evaluation portfolio and was designed from the ground up to provide users with an easy-to-use solution for capturing reliable inertial data in lab and characterization environments. The EVAL-ADIS-FX3 incorporates the ability to capture inertial sensor data at maximum throughput while interfacing with external test equipment and reacting to external triggers.
In addition to launching a redesigned hardware platform, we’ve also developed a robust API that allows users to quickly build custom applications that capture reliable sensor data. We’ve included many useful features into the API that enable designers to characterize sensor performance in any .NET compatible environment.
- Inertial sensing
- Autonomous driving
- Platform stabilization
Features & Benefits
- Real-time sampling of IMU at full sample rate with no loss of data guaranteed.
- No external power needed. (Can be powered from USB port.)
- Completely open source API, Firmware, and Evaluation GUI.
- Schematics available
- API includes a wrapper library for interfacing to MATLAB, Python, LabView.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.