Features and Benefits
- Triaxial, digital gyroscope
- ±125°/sec, ±500°/sec, ±2000°/sec range models
- 2°/√hr in-run bias stability (ADIS16475-1)
- 0.15°/√hr angle random walk (ADIS16475-1 and ADIS16475-2)
- ±0.1° axis to axis misalignment error
- Triaxial, digital accelerometer, ±8 g
- 3.6 μg in-run bias stability
- Triaxial, delta angle and delta velocity outputs
- Factory calibrated sensitivity, bias, and axial alignment
- Calibration temperature range: −40°C to +85°C
- SPI compatible data communications
- Programmable operation and control
- Automatic and manual bias correction controls
- Data ready indicator for synchronous data acquisition
- External sync modes: direct, pulse, scaled, and output
- On demand self test of inertial sensors
- On demand self test of flash memory
- Single-supply operation (VDD): 3.0 V to 3.6 V
- 2000 g mechanical shock survivability
- Operating temperature range: −40°C to +105°C
The ADIS16475 is a precision, miniature MEMS inertial measurement unit (IMU) that includes a triaxial gyroscope and a triaxial accelerometer. Each inertial sensor in the ADIS16475 combines with signal conditioning that optimizes dynamic performance. The factory calibration characterizes each sensor for sensitivity, bias, alignment, linear acceleration (gyroscope bias), and point of percussion (accelerometer location). As a result, each sensor has dynamic compensation formulas that provide accurate sensor measurements over a broad set of conditions.
The ADIS16475 provides a simple, cost effective method for integrating accurate, multiaxis inertial sensing into industrial systems, especially when compared with the complexity and investment associated with discrete designs. All necessary motion testing and calibration are part of the production process at the factory, greatly reducing system integration time. Tight orthogonal alignment simplifies inertial frame alignment in navigation systems. The serial peripheral interface (SPI) and register structure provide a simple interface for data collection and configuration control.
The ADIS16475 is available in a 44-ball, ball grid array (BGA) package that is approximately 11 mm × 15 mm × 11 mm.
- Navigation, stabilization, and instrumentation
- Unmanned and autonomous vehicles
- Smart agriculture and construction machinery
- Factory/industrial automation, robotics
- Virtual/augmented reality
- Internet of Moving Things
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (2)
The ADIS16475-x/PCBZ breakout boards provide a convenient method for establishing a prototype connection between each ADIS16475 IMU model and an embedded processor platform. Each ADIS16475-x/PCBZ breakout board connects to J1 on the EVAL-ADIS2 evaluation system, as well.
Features & Benefits
- Small size: 33.25mm x 30.75mm
- Convenient connector: 16-pin (2x8), 2mm-pitch
- Mounting holes (2.3mm diameter) in each corner (4x)
- ADIS16475-1/PCBZ includes an ADIS16475-1BMLZ IMU
- ADIS16475-2/PCBZ includes an ADIS16475-2BMLZ IMU
- ADIS16475-3/PCBZ includes an ADIS16475-3BMLZ IMU
The EVAL-ADIS2 system provides a Windows-compatible evaluation system for most iSensor (ADIS16xxx) products. It comes with several application packages that run on Windows XP, Vista and 7 systems, using either 32-bit or 64-bit USB drivers. The standard 16-pin interface provides the connection path to all iSensor breakout boards (ADIS16xxx/PCBZ). Device-under-test (DUT) power can come from the USB (+3.3V, +5V selectable options) or an external power supply. For those who are familiar with the predecessor system (EVAL-ADIS), the EVAL-ADIS2 provides a number of key advancements including support for longer cabling to the DUT and operation over a wider temperature range (-40°C to +85°C)
Features & Benefits
- PC-USB Inertial MEMS Evaluation System
- Windows XP, Vista and 7 with 32-bit and 64-bit driver support
- IMU and Vibration Evaluation software packages
- Compatible with most ADIS1613x, ADIS162xx, ADIS163xx, ADIS164xx devices
- Synchronous Data Capture at maximum sample rates
- Register access for device configuration and validation
- Standard, 16-pin ribbon cable interface with all ADIS16xxx breakout boards.
- Up to 2m of separation with DUT
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.