Features and Benefits
- Frequency domain triaxial vibration sensor
- Flat frequency response up to 5 kHz
- Digital acceleration data, ±18 g measurement range
Digital range settings: 0 g to 1 g/5 g/10 g/20 g
- Real-time sample mode: 20.48 kSPS, single-axis
- Capture sample modes: 20.48 kSPS, three axes
Trigger modes: SPI, timer, external
Programmable decimation filter, 11 rate settings
Multirecord capture for selected filter settings
Manual capture mode for time domain data collection
- FFT, 512-point, real valued, all three axes (x, y, z)
- 3 windowing options: rectangular, Hanning, flat top
Programmable FFT averaging: up to 255 averages
- Storage: 14 FFT records on all three axes (x, y, z)
The ADIS16228 iSensor® is a complete vibration sensing system that combines triaxial acceleration sensing with advanced time domain and frequency domain signal processing. Time domain signal processing includes a programmable decimation filter and selectable windowing function. Frequency domain processing includes a 512-point, real-valued FFT for each axis, along with FFT averaging, which reduces the noise floor variation for finer resolution. The 14-record FFT storage system offers users the ability to track changes over time and to capture FFTs with multiple decimation filter settings.
The 20.48 kSPS sample rate and 5 kHz flat frequency band provide a frequency response that is suitable for many machine health applications. The aluminum core provides excellent mechanical coupling to the MEMS acceleration sensors. An internal clock drives the data sampling and signal processing system during all operations, which eliminates the need for an external clock source. The data capture function has three modes that offer several options to meet the needs of many different applications. In addition, real-time mode provides direct access to streaming data on one axis. The SPI and data buffer structure provide convenient access to data output. The ADIS16228 also offers a digital temperature sensor and digital power supply measurements.
The ADIS16228 is available in a 15 mm × 24 mm × 15 mm module with flanges, machine screw holes (M2 or 2-56), and a flexible connector that enables simple user interface and installation. It has an extended operating temperature range of −40°C to +125°C.
Markets & Technology
- Security and Surveillance
- Aerospace and Defense
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (2)
The ADIS16ACL1/PCBZ breakout board simplifies the process of connecting ADIS16210 and ADIS16228 products to an embedded processor board or to the EVAL-ADIS2 evaluation system. The ADIS16ACL1/PCBZ also serves as a partial replacement for two evaluation tools that will soon be obsolete. Please see the following list:
- Replace the ADIS16210/PCBZ with (1) ADIS16210CMLZ and (1) ADIS16ACL1/PCBZ
- Replace the ADIS16228/PCBZ with (1) ADIS16228CMLZ and (1) ADIS16ACL1/PCBZ
Features & Benefits
- Mating connector for the ADIS16210 and ADIS16228
- Standard (1mm, 16-pin) ribbon cable interface for simple connection to a separate embedded processor board
- Compatible interface with EVAL-ADIS2 platform
The EVAL-ADIS2 system provides a Windows-compatible evaluation system for most iSensor (ADIS16xxx) products. It comes with several application packages that run on Windows XP, Vista and 7 systems, using either 32-bit or 64-bit USB drivers. The standard 16-pin interface provides the connection path to all iSensor breakout boards (ADIS16xxx/PCBZ). Device-under-test (DUT) power can come from the USB (+3.3V, +5V selectable options) or an external power supply. For those who are familiar with the predecessor system (EVAL-ADIS), the EVAL-ADIS2 provides a number of key advancements including support for longer cabling to the DUT and operation over a wider temperature range (-40°C to +85°C)
Features & Benefits
- PC-USB Inertial MEMS Evaluation System
- Windows XP, Vista and 7 with 32-bit and 64-bit driver support
- IMU and Vibration Evaluation software packages
- Compatible with most ADIS1613x, ADIS162xx, ADIS163xx, ADIS164xx devices
- Synchronous Data Capture at maximum sample rates
- Register access for device configuration and validation
- Standard, 16-pin ribbon cable interface with all ADIS16xxx breakout boards.
- Up to 2m of separation with DUT
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.