Features and Benefits
- Triaxial, digital inclinometer system
- ±180° measurement range, roll and pitch axes
- ±90° gravity axis
- ±0.1° relative accuracy
- Triaxial, digital accelerometer, high accuracy
- ±1.7 g measurement range
- ±0.05° axis-to-axis alignment
- Digital internal temperature measurements
- Digital internal power supply measurements
- Programmable user calibration options
- Single command, frame alignment
- Manual accelerometer bias correction
- Programmable operation and control
- Sample rate/filtering
- Alarm conditions and indicator output
- Input/output: data ready, alarm, general-purpose
- Power management functions
- SPI-compatible serial interface
- Serial number and device ID
- Single-supply operation: 3.0 V to 3.6 V
- Calibrated temperature range: −40°C to +85°C
- 15 mm × 24 mm × 15 mm package with flexible connector
The ADIS16210 iSensor® is a digital inclinometer system that provides precise measurements for both pitch and roll angles over a full orientation range of ±180°. It combines a MEMS triaxial acceleration sensor with signal processing, addressable user registers for data collection/programming, and a SPI-compatible serial interface. In addition, the production process includes unit specific calibration for optimal accuracy performance. It also offers digital temperature sensor and power supply measurements together with configuration controls for in-system calibration, sample rate, filtering, alarms, input/output (I/O) configuration, and power management.
The MEMS sensor elements are bound to an aluminum core for tight platform coupling and excellent mechanical stability. An internal clock drives the data sampling system, which eliminates the need for an external clock source. The SPI and data buffer structure provide convenient access to accurate sensor data and configuration controls.
The ADIS16210 is available in a 15 mm × 24 mm × 15 mm module that provides mounting tabs with M2-sized mounting holes and a flexible, edge terminated connector interface. It has an extended operating temperature range of −40°C to +125°C.
- Platform control, stabilization, and alignment
- Tilt sensing, inclinometers, and leveling
- Motion/position measurement
- Monitor/alarm devices (security, medical, safety)
Markets and Technologies
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (2)
The EVAL-ADIS-FX3 is the latest addition to the iSensor evaluation portfolio and was designed from the ground up to provide users with an easy-to-use solution for capturing reliable inertial data in lab and characterization environments. The EVAL-ADIS-FX3 incorporates the ability to capture inertial sensor data at maximum throughput while interfacing with external test equipment and reacting to external triggers.
In addition to launching a redesigned hardware platform, we’ve also developed a robust API that allows users to quickly build custom applications that capture reliable sensor data. We’ve included many useful features into the API that enable designers to characterize sensor performance in any .NET compatible environment.
- Inertial sensing
- Autonomous driving
- Platform stabilization
Features & Benefits
- Real-time sampling of IMU at full sample rate with no loss of data guaranteed.
- No external power needed. (Can be powered from USB port.)
- Completely open source API, Firmware, and Evaluation GUI.
- Schematics available
- API includes a wrapper library for interfacing to MATLAB, Python, LabView.
The ADIS16ACL1/PCBZ breakout board simplifies the process of connecting ADIS16210 and ADIS16228 products to an embedded processor board or to the EVAL-ADIS2 evaluation system. The ADIS16ACL1/PCBZ also serves as a partial replacement for two evaluation tools that will soon be obsolete. Please see the following list:
- Replace the ADIS16210/PCBZ with (1) ADIS16210CMLZ and (1) ADIS16ACL1/PCBZ
- Replace the ADIS16228/PCBZ with (1) ADIS16228CMLZ and (1) ADIS16ACL1/PCBZ
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.