Features and Benefits
- SPI interface with error detection
- Includes CRC, invalid read/write address, and SCLK count error detection
- Supports burst mode and daisy-chain mode
- Industry standard SPI Mode 0 and Mode 3 interface compatible
- Guaranteed break-before-make switching allowing external wiring of switches to deliver multiplexer configurations
- VSS to VDD analog signal range
- Fully specified at ±15 V, ±20 V, +12 V, and +36 V
- ±9 V to ±22 V dual-supply operation
- 9 V to 40 V single-supply operation
- Latch-up proof analog switch pins
- 8 kV HBM ESD rating
- Low on resistance (<10 Ω)
- 1.8 V logic compatibility with 2.7 V ≤ VL ≤ 3.3 V
The ADGS5412 contains four independent single-pole/single- throw (SPST) switches. A serial peripheral interface (SPI) controls the switches. The SPI interface has robust error detection features, including cyclic redundancy check (CRC) error detection, invalid read/write address detection, and serial clock (SCLK) count error detection.
It is possible to daisy-chain multiple ADGS5412 devices together, which enables the configuration of multiple devices with a minimal amount of digital lines. The ADGS5412 can also operate in burst mode to decrease the time between SPI commands.
Each switch conducts equally well in both directions when on, and each switch has an input signal range that extends to the supplies. In the off condition, signal levels up to the supplies are blocked.
The on-resistance profile is very flat over the full analog input range, which ensures good linearity and low distortion when switching audio signals. The ADGS5412 exhibits break-before- make switching action, allowing use of the device in multiplexer applications with external wiring.
- SPI interface removes the need for parallel conversion and logic traces and reduces general-purpose input/output (GPIO) channel count.
- Daisy-chain mode removes additional logic traces when multiple devices are used.
- CRC, invalid read/write address, and SCLK count error detection ensure a robust digital interface.
- CRC error detection capabilities allow for the use of the ADGS5412 in safety critical systems.
- Guaranteed break-before-make switching allows the use of the ADGS5412 in multiplexer configurations with external wiring.
Trench isolation analog switch section guards against latch-up. A dielectric trench separates the positive (P) and negative (N) channel transistors thereby preventing latch-up even under severe overvoltage conditions.
- Relay replacement
- Automatic test equipment
- Data acquisition
- Audio and video switching
- Communication systems
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Software & Systems Requirements
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.