Features and Benefits
- Low on resistance (300 Ω typical)
- Fast Switching Times
ton 250 ns max
toff 250 ns max
- Low Power Dissipation (3.3 mW Max)
- Fault and overvoltage protection (- 40 V to + 55 V)
- All Switches off with power supply off
- Analog output of on channel clamped within power supplies if an overvoltage occurs
- Latch-up proof construction
- Break-before-make switching action
- TTL and CMOS compatible inputs
The ADG528F is a CMOS analog multiplexer, with the comprising eight single channels. The multiplexer provides fault protection. Using a series n-channel, p-channel, n-channel MOSFET structure, both device and signal source protection is provided in the event of an overvoltage or power loss. The multiplexer can withstand continuous overvoltage inputs from -40 V to +55 V. During fault conditions, the multiplexer input (or output) appears as an open circuit and only a few nanoamperes of leakage current will flow. This protects not only the multiplexer and the circuitry driven by the multiplexer, but also protects the sensors or signal sources which drive the multiplexer.
The ADG528F switch one of eight inputs to a common output as determined by the 3-bit binary address lines A0, A1 and A2. The ADG528F has on-chip address and control latches that facilitate microprocessor interfacing. An EN input on each device is used to enable or disable the device. When disabled, all channels are switched OFF.
- Fault protection. The ADG528F can withstand continuous voltage inputs from −40 V to +55 V. When a fault occurs due to the power supplies being turned off, all the channels are turned off and only a leakage current of a few nanoamperes flows.
- On channel turns off while fault exists.
- Low RON.
- Fast switching times.
- Break-before-make switching. Switches are guaranteed break-before-make so that input signals are protected against momentary shorting.
- Trench isolation eliminates latch-up. A dielectric trench separates the p-channel and n-channel MOSFETs thereby preventing latch-up.
- Existing multiplexer applications (both fault-protected and nonfault-protected)
- New designs requiring multiplexer functions
Markets and Technologies
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Product Selection Guide (1)
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Selecting the Sample button above will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.