Features and Benefits
- Overvoltage protection up to −55 V and +55 V
- Power-off protection up to −55 V and +55 V
- Overvoltage detection on source pins
- Low charge injection (QINJ): −0.4 pC
- Low on capacitance: 20 pF
- Latch-up immune under any circumstance
- Known state without digital inputs present
- VSS to VDD analog signal range
- ±5 V to ±22 V dual-supply operation
- 8 V to 44 V single-supply operation
- Fully specified at ±15 V, ±20 V, +12 V, and +36 V
The ADG5208F and ADG5209F are 8:1 and dual 4:1 analog multiplexers. The ADG5208F switches one of eight inputs to a common output, and the ADG5209F switches one of four differential inputs to a common differential output. An EN input on both devices enables or disables the device. Each channel conducts equally well in both directions when on, and each channel has an input signal range that extends to the supplies. The digital inputs are compatible with 3 V logic inputs over the full operating supply range.
When no power supplies are present, the channelremains in the off condition, and the switch inputs are high impedance. Under normal operating conditions, if the analog input signal levels on any Sx pin exceed positive fault voltage (VDD) or negative fault voltage (VSS) by a threshold voltage (VT), the channel turns off and that Sx pin becomes high impedance. If the fault channel is selected, the drain pin is pulled to the secondary supply voltage that was exceeded.
Input signal levels of up to −55 V or +55 V relative to ground are blocked, in both the powered and unpowered conditions.
The low capacitance and charge injection of these switches make them ideal solutions for data acquisition and sample-and-hold applications, where low glitch switching and fast settling times are required.
- The source pins are protected against voltages greater than the supply rails, up to −55 V and +55 V.
- The source pins are protected against voltages between −55 V and +55 V in an unpowered state.
- Trench isolation guards against latch-up.
- Optimized for low charge injection and on capacitance.
- The ADG5208F/ADG5209F can be operated from a dual supply of ±5 V up to ±22 V or a single power supply of 8 V up to 44 V.
- Analog input/output modules
- Process control/distributed control systems
- Data acquisition
- Automatic test equipment
- Communication systems
- Relay replacement
Markets and Technologies
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-ADG5208FEBZ, is the evaluation board for the ADG5208F, which features an overvoltage protected 8:1 Multiplexer. The ADG5208F has overvoltage detection and protection circuitry on the source pins and is protected against
signals up to −55 V and +55 V in both the powered and unpowered states.
The ADG5208F is soldered to the center of the evaluation board, and wire screw terminals are provided to connect to each of the source and drain pins. Three screw terminals are used to power the device, with a fourth terminal used to provide a user defined digital logic supply voltage, if required. Alternatively, a low dropout (LDO) regulator is provided for 5 V digital logic supply.
Full specifications on the ADG5208F are available in the product data sheet, which should be consulted in conjunction with this user guide when using the evaluation board.
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.