Features and Benefits
- Input frequency range: 500 MHz to 8000 MHz
- Fractional-N synthesizer and integer-N synthesizer
- Phase frequency detector (PFD) up to 125 MHz
- High resolution 38-bit modulus
- Separate charge pump supply (VP) allows extended tuning voltage in 5 V systems
- Programmable divide by 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, or 64 output
- Differential and single-ended reference inputs
- Power supply: 3.3 V ± 5%
- Logic compatibility: 1.8 V
- Programmable dual-modulus prescaler (P) of 4/5 or 8/9
- Programmable output power level
- 3-wire serial interface
- Analog and digital lock detect
The ADF4155 allows implementation of fractional-N or integer-N phase-locked loop (PLL) frequency synthesizers when used with an external loop filter, external voltage controlled oscillator (VCO), and external reference frequency.
The ADF4155 is for use with external VCO parts up to an 8 GHz operating frequency. The high resolution programmable modulus allows synthesis of exact frequencies with 0 Hz error.
The VCO frequency can be divided by 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, or 64 to allow the user to generate RF output frequencies as low as 7.8125 MHz.
Control of all on-chip registers is through a simple 3-wire interface. The device operates with a nominal power supply of 3.3 V ± 5% and can be powered down when not in use.
The ADF4155 is available in a 24-lead, 4 mm × 4 mm LFCSP package.
- Wireless infrastructure (W-CDMA, TD-SCDMA, WiMAX, GSM, PCS, DCS, DECT)
- Point to point/point to multipoint microwave links
- Test equipment
- Wireless LANs, CATV equipment
- Clock generation
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EV-ADF4155EB1Z board evaluates the performance of the ADF4155 frequency synthesizer for phase-locked loops (PLLs). The evaluation board contains the ADF4155 synthesizer, the loop filter, a VCO, a differential 122.88 MHz reference TCXO, a USB interface, power supply connectors, and SMA connectors. A USB cable is included to connect the board to a PC USB port.
In addition, the evaluation kit contains Windows-based software to allow easy programming of the synthesizer.
Features & Benefits
- Self-contained board, including ADF4155 synthesizer, differential 122.88 MHz temperature controlled crystal oscillator (TCXO), voltage controlled oscillator (VCO) 5.725 GHz to 5.875 GHz, loop filter, USB interface, and voltage regulators
- Designed for a 61.44 MHz phase frequency detector (PFD) frequency, 0.9 mA charge pump current (lcp), and 80 kHz loop bandwidth
- Accompanying software allows complete control of synthesizer functions from a PC
- Externally powered by 5.5 V
Software & Systems Requirements
Tools & Simulations
ADIsimPLL enables the rapid and reliable evaluation of new high performance PLL products from ADI. It is the most comprehensive PLL Synthesizer design and simulation tool available today. Simulations performed include all key non-linear effects that are significant in affecting PLL performance. ADIsimPLL removes at least one iteration from the design process, thereby speeding the design- to-market.
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Support & Discussions
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.