Features and Benefits
- 7 high performance, 24-bit Σ-Δ ADCs
- 101 dB SNR at 8 kSPS with PGA = 1
- Wide input voltage range: ±1 V, 707 mV rms full scale at gain = 1
- Differential inputs
- ±25 ppm/°C maximum channel drift (including ADC, internal VREF, PGA drift) enabling 10000:1 dynamic input range, Class 0.2 metrology with standard external components
- With the optional ADSW-PQ-CLS Power Quality Library, the complete IEC 61000-4-30 Class S power quality standard is implemented including:
- Power frequency 10 sec average
- Magnitude of the supply
- Dips and swells
- Rapid voltage change
- Mains signaling voltage
- Underdeviation and overdeviation
- Voltage and current
- Waveform recording
- Optional ADSW-PQ-CLS Power Quality Library compatible with ARM® Cortex microcontrollers
- VRMS one-cycle and IRMS one-cycle refreshed each cycle
- VRMS and IRMS filtered and updated every sample
- 10 cycle rms/12 cycle rms
- Period registers to calculate line frequency, one per phase
- Zero crossing and zero-crossing timeout
- Phase angle measurements
- Supports CTs
- Multipoint phase and gain compensations for CTs
- Rogowski coils with the addition of an external analog integrator
- Continuous resampled data available
- Waveform buffer
- Advanced metrology feature set
- Total and fundamental active power, volt amperes reactive (VAR), volt amperes (VA), watthour, VAR hour, and VA hour
- Total and fundamental IRMS and VRMS
- Power factor
- Supports active energy standards: IEC 62053-21 and IEC 62053-22, EN50470-3, OIML R46, and ANSI C12.20
- Supports reactive energy standards: IEC 62053-23 and IEC 62053-24
- High speed communication port: 20 MHz SPI
- Integrated temperature sensor with 12-bit successive approximation register (SAR) ADC
- ±3°C accuracy from −40°C to +85°C
The ADE9430 is a highly accurate, fully integrated, polyphase energy and power quality monitoring device. Superior analog performance and a digital signal processing (DSP) core enable accurate energy monitoring over a wide dynamic range. An integrated high end reference ensures low drift over temperature with a combined drift of less than ±25 ppm/°C maximum for the entire channel including a programmable gain amplifier (PGA) and an analog-to-digital converter (ADC).
The ADE9430 offers a complete power quality monitoring capability by providing instantaneous total as well as fundamental measurements on rms, frequency, phase angle, power factor active, reactive, and apparent powers and energies. Using the optional ADSWPQ-CLS Power Quality Library, advanced power quality features, such as dip and swell monitoring, power frequency, voltage total harmonic distortion (VTHD), and current total harmonic distortion (ITHD), are enabled. The one cycle rms, 10 cycle rms/12 cycle rms, and the optional ADSW-PQ-CLS Power Quality Library features are calculated according to IEC 61000-4-30 Class S. To request access to the ADSW-PQ-CLS, fill out the software request form at: Software Request Form | Analog Devices, where the target technology must be power quality monitoring and the processor/system on chip (SoC) is the ADE9430.
The ADE9430 offers a resampled waveform of 1024 points per 10 cycles or 12 cycles. Resampling simplifies the fast Fourier transform (FFT) calculation of at least 40 harmonics in an external processor.
The ADE9430 simplifies the implementation and certification of energy and power quality monitoring systems by providing tight integration of acquisition and calculation engines. The integrated ADCs and DSP engine calculate various parameters and provide data through user accessible registers or indicate events through interrupt pins. With seven dedicated ADC channels, the ADE9430 can be used on a 3-phase system or up to three single-phase systems. This device supports current transformers (CTs) or Rogowski coils when used with external analog integrator for current measurements.
The ADE9430 absorbs most of the complexity in calculations for a power quality monitoring system. Combining a simple host microcontroller and the optional ADSW-PQ-CLS Power Quality Library, the ADE9430 enables the design of standalone monitoring or protection systems, or low cost nodes uploading data into the cloud.
- Energy and power monitoring
- Standards compliant power quality monitoring
- Protective devices
- Machine health
- Smart power distribution units
- Polyphase energy meters
Markets and Technologies
Product Lifecycle Recommended for New Designs
This product has been released to the market. The data sheet contains all final specifications and operating conditions. For new designs, ADI recommends utilization of these products.
Evaluation Kits (1)
The EVAL-ADE9430ARDZ is for use with the STM32 NUCLEOF413ZH. The EVAL-ADE9430ARDZ can be directly interfaced with current transformers and voltage leads. The EVAL-ADE9430ARDZ enables quick evaluation and prototyping of energy and Class S power quality measurement systems with the ADE9430. The ADSW-PQ-CLS Power Quality Library and application examples are provided to simplify implementation of larger systems. To request access to the ADSW-PQ-CLS, fill out the software request form, where the target technology must be power quality monitoring and the processor/system on chip (SoC) is the ADE9430.
Features & Benefits
- Energy and Class S power quality measurement evaluation board with ADE9430 multiphase energy and power quality monitoring IC
- 3-phase 4-wire, 3-phase 3-wire, or 3-wire single-phase measurements
- Direct interface with current output current transformers
- Up to 240 V rms nominal line neutral voltage measurement
- For use with the ADSW-PQ-CLS Power Quality Library
Documentation & Resources
Power Quality Monitoring Part 2: Design Considerations for a Standards Compliant Power Quality Meter1/16/2023 Analog Dialogue
Power Quality Monitoring Part 1: The Importance of Standards Compliant Power Quality Measurements12/1/2022 Analog Dialogue
Software & Systems Requirements
ADSW-PQ-CLS Power Quality Library
First, secure the ‘Evaluation’ version of the Software Library, which is intended to be used with the evaluation kit EVAL-ADE9430. The software is initially provided in a compiled form, and you can get the ‘Production’ version with the source code once the evaluation is successfully completed. The software can then also be ported to other platforms.
Please note: the content and functionality of both versions is identical.
ADE9430 Software Drivers
ADE9430 Companion Parts
Recommended Integrated/Special Purpose A/D Converters
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.View our quality and reliability program and certifications for more information.
|Part Number||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||Pin/Package Drawing||CAD Symbols, Footprints & 3D Models|
|ADE9430ACPZ||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||40-Lead LFCSP (6mm x 6mm w/ EP)|
|ADE9430ACPZ-RL||Material Declaration||Reliability Data||40-Lead LFCSP (6mm x 6mm w/ EP)|
|Wafer Fabrication Data|
Sample & Buy
See our Ordering FAQs for answers to questions about online orders, payment options and more.
Buy Now Pricing
(**) Displayed Buy Now Price and Price Range is based on small quantity orders.
(*)The 1Ku list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.
Please see the latest communication from our CCO regarding lead times.
A Sample link will be shown above, next to the part, only for parts that are included in our sample program. Selecting the Sample button will redirect to the third-party ADI Sample Site. The part selected will carry over to your cart on this site once logged in. Please create a new account there if you have never used the site before. Contact SampleSupport@analog.com with any questions regarding this Sample Site.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece.
Up to two boards can be purchased through Analog.com. To order more than two, please purchase through one of our listed distributors.
Pricing displayed is based on 1-piece. The USA list pricing shown is for budgetary use only, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit), and is subject to change. International prices may vary due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates.