Features and Benefits
- 7 high performance ADCs
- 101 dB SNR
- Wide input voltage range: ±1 V, 707 mV rms FS at gain = 1
- Differential inputs
- ±25 ppm/°C maximum channel drift (including ADC, internal VREF, PGA drift) enabling 10000:1 dynamic input range
- Class 0.2 metrology with standard external components
- Power quality measurements
- Enables implementation of IEC 61000-4-30 Class S
- VRMS ½, IRMS ½ rms voltage refreshed each half cycle
- 10 cycle rms/12 cycle rms
- Dip and swell monitors
- Line frequency—one per phase
- Zero crossing, zero-crossing timeout
- Phase angle measurements
- Supports CTs and Rogowski coil (di/dt) sensors
- Multiple range phase/gain compensation for CTs
- Digital integrator for Rogowski coils
- Flexible waveform buffer
- Able to resample waveform to ensure 128 points per line cycle for ease of external harmonic analysis
- Events, such as dip and swell, can trigger waveform storage
- Simplifies data collection for IEC 61000-4-7 harmonic analysis
- Advanced metrology feature set
- Total and fundamental active power, volt amperes reactive (VAR), volt amperes (VA), watthour, VAR hour, and VA hour
- Total and fundamental IRMS, VRMS
- Total harmonic distortion
- Power factor
- Supports active energy standards: IEC 62053-21 and IEC 62053-22; EN50470-3; OIML R46; and ANSI C12.20
- Supports reactive energy standards: IEC 62053-23, IEC 62053-24
- High speed communication port: 20 MHz serial port interface (SPI)
- Integrated temperature sensor with 12-bit successive approximation register (SAR) ADC
- ±3°C accuracy from −40°C to +85°C
The ADE9000 is a highly accurate, fully integrated, multiphase energy and power quality monitoring device. Superior analog performance and a digital signal processing (DSP) core enable accurate energy monitoring over a wide dynamic range. An integrated high end reference ensures low drift over temperature with a combined drift of less than ±25 ppm/°C maximum for the entire channel including a programmable gain amplifier (PGA) and an analog-to-digital converter (ADC).
The ADE9000 offers complete power monitoring capability by providing total as well as fundamental measurements on rms, active, reactive, and apparent powers and energies. Advanced features such as dip and swell monitoring, frequency, phase angle, voltage total harmonic distortion (VTHD), current total harmonic distortion (ITHD), and power factor measurements enable implementation of power quality measurements. The ½ cycle rms and 10 cycle rms/12 cycle rms, calculated according to IEC 61000-4-30 Class S, provide instantaneous rms measurements for real-time monitoring.
The ADE9000 offers an integrated flexible waveform buffer that stores samples at a fixed data rate of 32 kSPS or 8 kSPS, or a sampling rate that varies based on line frequency to ensure 128 points per line cycle. Resampling simplifies fast Fourier transform (FFT) calculation of at least 50 harmonics in an external processor.
The ADE9000 simplifies the implementation of energy and power quality monitoring systems by providing tight integration of acquisition and calculation engines. The integrated ADCs and DSP engine calculate various parameters and provide data through user accessible registers or indicate events through interrupt pins. With seven dedicated ADC channels, the ADE9000 can be used on a 3-phase system or up to three single-phase systems. It supports current transformers (CTs) or Rogowski coils for current measurements. A digital integrator eliminates a discrete integrator required for Rogowski coils.
The ADE9000 absorbs most complexity in calculations for a power monitoring system. With a simple host microcontroller, the ADE9000 enables the design of standalone monitoring or protection systems, or low cost nodes uploading data into the cloud.
Note that throughout this data sheet, multifunction pins, such as CF4/EVENT/DREADY, are referred to either by the entire pin name or by a single function of the pin, for example, EVENT, when only that function is relevant.
- Energy and power monitoring
- Power quality monitoring
- Protective devices
- Machine health
- Smart power distribution units
- Polyphase energy meters
Product Lifecycle Production
At least one model within this product family is in production and available for purchase. The product is appropriate for new designs but newer alternatives may exist.
Evaluation Kits (2)
The EV-ADE9000SHIELDZ is an Arduino shield compatible with Arduino Zero. The shield can be directly interfaced with current transformers and voltage leads. It enables quick evaluation and prototyping of energy and power quality measurement systems with the ADE9000. Arduino library and application examples are provided to simplify implementation of larger systems.
Features & Benefits
- Arduino-compatible energy and power quality measurement shield with ADE9000 multiphase energy and power quality monitoring IC
- 3P4W, 3P3W, or 3-wire single phase measurements
- Direct interface with current output current transformers
- Up to 240 V rms nominal line neutral voltage measurement
- Arduino software library
- Calibration and example application sketches
The EVAL-ADE9000EBZ evaluation board allows the performance of the ADE9000 energy monitoring IC to be evaluated in a context
very similar to an actual power quality monitor. The kit requires
purchasing a second board: the controller board for the system demonstration platform (EVAL-SDP-CB1Z) and current sensors.
The ADE9000 evaluation kit includes evaluation software, written
in LabVIEW®, which provides access to the registers and features of the device using a PC interface.
Consult the ADE9000 data sheet in conjunction with this user guide when using the evaluation board.
Features & Benefits
- Full featured evaluation board for the ADE9000
- PC control in conjunction with the EVAL-SDP-CB1Z system
- demonstration platform (SDP) PC software for control and data analysis (time and
- frequency domain)
- Standalone capability
Software & Systems Requirements
Tools & Simulations
ADI has always placed the highest emphasis on delivering products that meet the maximum levels of quality and reliability. We achieve this by incorporating quality and reliability checks in every scope of product and process design, and in the manufacturing process as well. "Zero defects" for shipped products is always our goal.
Sample & Buy
The USA list pricing shown is for BUDGETARY USE ONLY, shown in United States dollars (FOB USA per unit for the stated volume), and is subject to change. International prices may differ due to local duties, taxes, fees and exchange rates. For volume-specific price or delivery quotes, please contact your local Analog Devices, Inc. sales office or authorized distributor. Pricing displayed for Evaluation Boards and Kits is based on 1-piece pricing.